Friday, March 15, 2013

:)

Ever woken up in a bad mood. I mean a legit bad mood where everything is horrible? Yeah, that was me today. How did I solve this problem? Easy I went back to bed. Normally I wake up at 5:00 AM so that I can get some writing time in early in the morning when the spirits are quiet and I can enjoy the pristine sound of my ear buds without getting interrupted. But today, I got up, went eh, I'm not exercising, I'm not getting up, and so I didn't. It solved the problem, I'm in a good mood. :)
What does this have to do with anything? Nothing really, I'm just really happy today for a change. I've been kind of miserable ever since January, and now that spring has FINALLY come (hey 60 degrees is WARM compared to the 9 degrees we got once during winter) don't get me wrong, I like winter, around Christmas, but in March snowstorms and white mornings get kind of old.
Anyway, I've gotten my book nearly ready to be edited, I've written my miserable little blurb that took a lot of brain power to figure out, and I had to keep it under 100 words, and guess what? I topped at 99 words, shaving it close? Just a little.
Anyway, here it is, my miserable little blurb about my book.

"Locked up in the Nansterdome prison, the Four Kingdom’s most wanted thief, Aster the Terrible has little to look forward to. Glop for food and the only entertainment is counting mold spots. All this changes when the Nansterdome crown castle is attacked by a wraith that steals a cursed relic. Aster is whisked out of prison and thrown on a quest to steal for the king to combat the wraith. Things get twisted when Aster and his newfound rival Allie Taylor, learn that the wraith isn’t the enemy, but the one protecting the Four Kingdoms from the actual threat."
Hope you like it, it took a lot of deleting and compromising to write, but it's under 100 words, so it works, and I'm kind of proud of it, my other one sucked, and it goes over 100 words 103 :(

  "On a night in December, two months before, the Nansterdome castle was attacked by the fiend that haunts the Dreamway Mountains, the Secret Keeper. It took nothing but a single relic, a piece of black glass with glowing green veins within a copper frame. Part of the dreaded Alliancer that had been destroyed one hundred and seventy years before. To retrieve this piece of glass and stop the Secret Keeper, the king of Nansterdome creates a plan. He plans on tricking the Secret Keeper into the open by using a thief to steal the remaining relics. But the thief has other ideas."
I'm not really fond of it because it doesn't say enough about the story, or Aster the Terrible and he's my main character!!! Plus it makes the king of Nansterdome (King Walrus...er sorry, Wallace) look like a super hero and hate to say it (actually I don't) he's not. He's a big fat king that thinks that a healthy-sized king shows a healthy kingdom when in reality, he's fat and the rest of the kingdom is starving. (Biggest Loser candidate!)
My grandma phrased it perfectly when I showed her a picture I'd drawn of King Wallace, "He reminds me of a king, fat and lazy."
I nearly busted a lung from laughter.
Oh and final thing, my third video is published :)
Enjoy
Happy Friday!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment