Friday, March 8, 2013

2nd Movie Out

I got my second movie out, yay here it is with the fifteen story starters I talked about. I'm going to do the challenge too, but not today. I'll probably post my three paragraphs on Monday. Yay :)
Don't I just look lovely in it?

The hooks talked about in the video are below

Just as a note, your hook can be more than a sentence. It should at least make your reader think. These are also listed on my blog. Feel free to make up your own or manipulate them to your own desire, (just keep it clean, I won’t read it if it’s naughtyL)

For an even bigger challenge you can use more than one, OR you can find a way to combine a few. Yeah, look at you go. You’re writing, pat yourself on the back, your parents or spouse must be so proud of you. J

Oh and a final thing that I forgot to mention, your hook should direct your reader to your main character, no “it was a windy day” seriously, that is overused (though right now it really IS a windy day) and gets kind of annoying after you read it for the millionth time. Give the wind a break.

1.      The rain fell like acid.

2.      My stomach wheeled like it was stuck upside down in a twisted cartoon.

3.      I ran down the street, too winded to even look back.

4.      The gravel crunched under the horse’s hooves.

5.      There was no one in the whole world that I hated more than Morgan Felt.

6.      The gum burned a hole through the bottom of my shoe.

7.      The ocean roared.

8.      Great, of all the horrible things to happen to me today, I had to get my hair stuck in a killer pine tree.

9.      The book smacked me in the head, causing painful stars.

10.   I was pretty sure that the wind was trying to play tornado and rip me from my sneakers.

11.   Kylie sighed. When she couldn’t cover her bald head, she sighed again.

12.  The doctor was grim, too grim. My heart pounded.

13.  Ouch! My jerk older brother slams the door right on my toe, officially putting an end to our, no doubt, heartwarming conversation.

14.  The newscaster screamed suddenly.

15.  Oh no! It was all I could think.

Fifteen hooks are enough, don’t you think? Manipulate these all you want. Change it to third person POV (point of view, if you’re not sure what this is, leave a comment below, I’ll reply as soon as I canJ) change it to past tense, to present tense. Go on. Do it.

Remember, I’m making these videos for you, not just to torture the world (hehehe) if you have questions, ASK THEM, and go start. I challenge you, that’s right. Start it.

Oh and go check out Lindsey Stirling, I can’t say it enough, she is AWESOME!!!
(yes, this is copied from my YouTube movie, but why write it again when the first one was good enough? A good rule to remember with writing, no need to be a perfectionist, something you might turn into when you start writing, I did, oops.)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry blog problems any who I said:
      I love the video!!! {I feel ten times smarter now!} :D

      Delete
    2. I'm glad!!! I'm publishing another tomorrow :)

      Delete
  2. Hope I am doing this right, and on the right post...

    here is my hook thingy,

    I stare a the clock, moving agonizingly slow. I tap my foot and scream in my head, school feels it has been going on for a month.I stare at my teacher talking about...... I'm not shure but I am positive it is boring.

    Yay! Hope you like it
    {though I probly broke a bunch writing rules, spelling, word placement, and other stuff}
    Hurray! okay Comment thing ended... Yay
    Why do I keep going on, okay fingers stop typing.... :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice hook thingy!
      Makes me want more :)
      See, you did it right, you made me want more and spelling is a 'who cares' when you're starting.
      :D
      Keep going, I'm curious to know what would happen next, why is your character so anxious to get out of school I wonder? Hmmm...

      Delete