Monday, April 1, 2013

Finally Happy

So it's spring break! And officially December 1st!
Haha, gotcha, April Fool's (did I fool you with the lameness of that joke? But not really, it's actually spring break.) I'm ecstatic, I've been so sick of school, the thought of having a few days off is enough to make me do a happy dance. :)
And as for the grouchiness of my last post, I apologize, I sounded extremely ungrateful, and grouchy! I'm glad now that I'm okay, and for the record, I'm a bit of a whiner (sad to say, but true) and if it had been something bad, I would have whined about that. I'm happy everything is going to be okay, I'm sorry if I offended everyone, it was a bit of a shock to go through all that worry and learn it was over nothing, now I'm finding it kind of funny, the ultimate molehill into a mountain wouldn't you say?
Anyway, I had a wonderful weekend, and I FINALLY found something to write, it's another modernized version of my Twisted characters. I'm finding it so much fun to do this, my characters that are normally dressed in baggy clothes, dirty, and knee-high boots are wearing jeans! And t-shirts! A nice sight because in my mind, a lot of them look GREAT in jeans. This book is going to take a bit of researching because in it, one of my characters (gosh darn it! the cutest one too!) gets paralyzed from the waist down and I have no idea about paralysis, shame though. That boy was fine, and he's right in my age group (granted, yes, he's all in my mind, but isn't that where the perfect boy usually exists?)
I've also managed to make my vibrato on my violin sound good, well at least good enough that I'm not shaking my own brains out by doing it, I've also developed a bit of a taste for trying out new music. I eat through the stuff I have, play it to death and then I need more, I kind of feel like a ghoul on the rampage. :)
Oh want a sad/funny story?
So my story deals with a lot of undead beings right? (Don't worry! It's clean, and I DO NOT like dark stories, so why would I write one??? I have my Aster the Terrible to balance things out!) anyway, so I didn't realize that ghouls don't have the power of speech! So, one night while I was actually thinking about it and realizing, 'hey, don't the undead feel left out from us living? Why? They can communicate...oh wait, ghouls can't talk, can they?' This led to some research on Google and discovering, nope, ghouls do not posses the power of speech. Oops. I had to edit quite a bit out, and introduce one of the Terrors of the Sands sooner than I'd hoped, but eh...you do what you've got to do, and for us authors, that can be kind of painful at times. :)
Oh, special shout out to Rachel K. Johnson, thank you for commenting on my blog :) it makes me happy to know that someone is reading it, and thank you for answering my question about back story at the start of the story. It's just a balance right? Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. That made me laugh that you found out your ghouls shouldn't be talking. There's nothing like realizing your story needs to take another road. :) It'll be interesting to research paralysis more, though. I like the chance that writing gives us to learn new things.

    And thanks for your special notice. I like reading your blog. :) By the way, you summed up everything that took me a paragraph to explain in my answer to you on my blog. Yup! It's a balance thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, nothing quite like realizing you've gone fifty miles down that road and have to back up. :) I find it funny later, but at the moment, I want to beat my forehead into a wall. Oh well, writing wouldn't be half as much fun if it were easy. :)

      Delete