Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Confessions of a write-a-holic

Can I just say right now that I'm enjoying a break from school? It's enormous fun to be able to sleep in 'til 9:00 when I normally get up at 5:00!
Yes! Loving it!
Anyway, another thing that I'm loving is the fact that since characters are so universal, you can take a couple that normally exist in a medieval type setting and then modernize them and they stay pretty much the same in attitude and appearance!
I can't really lie here, I have this character (Aster the Terrible, perhaps you've heard of him) that I'm addicted to. When I'm having a bad day, I just write from his POV (fancy way of saying point of view) and voila! The world is so much better! Aster is like my go-to guy for sarcastic humor, his attitude is so much like mine, it's hilarious and his antics keep me laughing so hard it's difficult to keep writing.
Need I just say, I love my Aster the Terrible. He's like the dorky older brother we all love and hate at the same time, and the best part is, he's as short as I am, and has the same flaming red hair! Only I didn't curse him as badly, his hair isn't as explosive as mine (some days I have Merida hair, you know from Disney's Brave? Her hair drove me crazy through the whole movie! If my hair were that long I'd only leave it out if it were straight, otherwise it's braids for you sucker!) but yeah, you get the gist. Aster is like the twin I'd have if me and my older sister weren't so close. :)
And the best part is, even though I'm taking a break from writing the Twisted series, I can still have my Aster the Terrible humor because (hehe, dork moment) I modernized him! Yay! Same character, only a different name, he goes by Cody in the modern world.
What does this have to do with anything, eh nothing. Just a confession that I realized yesterday, I'm addicted to one of my characters.
Confession of a write-a-holic.
Anyway, so this is a series of movies that Pivotdiddyx on YouTube drew on request. It's awesome! Here's an artist who really knows how to draw! And yes, this is the Witch King, I'm trying to figure out how to draw wraiths (they're tricky! Believe it or not, not as though they'd WANT to be easy for us living to draw :D) so I like watching other people draw it, and I like Pivotdiddyx the best because this is the ONLY YouTuber who has responded to a request with kindness. Thanks Pivotdiddyx, keep it up.
Part one
Part four
For some reason parts 2 and 3 are evading me, so you can go look it up if you want.
And I've got another confession, I actually like Lord of the Rings. Shhh! don't tell my siblings! :)
Here's the link to YouTube to watch, http://www.youtube.com/user/Pivotdiddyx/videos?view=0
Not sure if it'll work, linking and stuff like that positively hates me.
Want more from Pedro-d? http://pedro-d.deviantart.com/
There's the deviantART page, I'm going to buy the Witch King drawing as soon as I get around to it and break part with my remaining fiver. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great you are in love with Aster the Terrible. It's probably a sign that he's a great villain. And I really like Lord of the Rings, too. For some reason, Hobbit didn't do much for me--I guess we'll have to see how the next 2 movies of that go--but I'm still a Lord of the Rings fan.

    I was fascinated watching the drawings you posted from YouTube. To think that some people can do something with the Paint programs other than scribble with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel,
      Thanks for your comment!
      The drawings are great! I'm kind of addicted to watching them, you should check out the artists YouTube page if you haven't already :)
      Little misunderstanding, Aster is my main character, the "good guy" I guess, though if you asked other characters, they'd tell you he's the villain. :) Don't worry, the Terrible part is a little disconcerting (did I spell that right?) Aster is called Terrible because he's a thief and people are terrible at catching him. I guess he is a little villainous. :)
      The main bad guy in my series is a wraith called Amaarzar. He's seriously evil and makes it a point to be so.
      Who's the bad guy in your books? I'm curious about them :)

      Delete