Monday, April 29, 2013

This Day, Monday

Here's how my day is going so far.
I couldn't fall asleep until well after 12:00 last night, tossed and turned and dreamt about liches burning down the Clarissa (the Spanish Galleon in Twisted) and then I got chased down Dark Tilt (a town in Twisted) by that lich and yeah...I was kind of creeped out when I woke up, five minutes before my alarm went off.
I hate doing that. It's nice when you wake up 30 minutes or even 10 minutes before your alarm goes off, but 5? Uck, it's impossible because you can't lay down because the alarm is going to go off pretty soon and it's not even worth it to try.
I have also come to this very painful realization.
I spend way too much time thinking about the undead. Seriously. So much time that when people talk about zombies and how awesome they are, I get annoyed. In Twisted, zombies are the lesser undead, creatures raised by a necromancer to do the will of the necromancer, they have no thoughts or processing of their own. Destroy the necromancer and voila! no more zombies!
See, way too much time thinking, and I won't even get STARTED on ghouls! ;)
But I guess I do have a good reason, one of my main characters is a wraith. He does not think the same way we do and I can imagine considering the attitudes of the undead in other books I've read that the undead would hierarchy themselves, the more powerful beings on the top, the lesser beings on the bottom and there's no moving between levels. It's why I spend so much time thinking about them, I want this to be realistic, even if it means I get haunted by a lich in my dreams and run away with Scooby Doo and a suddenly very Aster the Terrible-like Shaggy.
It was a weird dream. Long story short.
Oh and the best thing? I'm late for school because I spent so much time writing this morning. Ack! Writing is addicting! I can't wait for summer where I can write 24/6 (I don't write my normal weekday books on Sunday, I like to give that day to the Lord) and not have to get off until I practice my violin, or am studying horse things. I'm starting out on the Pareli (guaranteed to have spelled that wrong) program, I can't wait because this time around (I have studied it before, but sadly no horse) I can try it on a real horse. Gypsy, my violin teacher's Arabian mare.
I liked Gypsy so much that she's replacing Melody as the horse ridden by Aster the Terrible, which makes me kind of jealous. Gypsy gets to socialize with the Secret Keeper's horse, a powerful warhorse called Nova. Appropriately named because when Nova was younger he was an explosively violent colt and when the Secret Keeper (the wraith mentioned above) was trying to train him all he could think was, what did I do to get cursed with this exploding pony? And that's where Nova's name came from, a nova is an exploding star and Nova is an exploding horse.
I'm sure you can tell that I'm waking up as I write this. Now I need to get to school, there's only 5, give or take, it all seems incredibly long to me, weeks left of 11th grade. I don't think I'll make it, but I need to survive at least long enough to get Twisted back from Danyelle Ferguson, my editor, I can't wait, I was expecting an editor to be stiff and a little stuck up, but nope, Danyelle is totally great, five stars for her service so far, I feel totally at ease with her looking over my precious...uh, I mean book.
This is by BrunuhVille, I've fallen in love with this music, and I like sharing the amazing music I find on YouTube with you guys. Just sharing the love of music (Which I do indeed love :D) Enjoy this, though it may make you cry. It's called Our Farewell and I downloaded it from iTunes after listening to it twice. Here's the YouTube page in case you want more  http://www.youtube.com/user/BrunuhVille?feature=
And another great artist Bevani this is her cover of Moon Trance by Lindsey Stirling. Her YouTube page http://www.youtube.com/user/bevaniflute?feature= she has a more recent one of Crystalize that you should check out, comment on, share :) I'm not trying to force this down your throat, just sharing with you some amazing musicians that I've found on YouTube in case you might find them as awesome as I do. ;)
Here's Lindsey's movie, a little creepy because it's about zombies (ugh! again with the zombies! Wraiths are so much cooler! Sorry guys, Scooby Doo on Zombie Island leveled my respect for zombies about a 0% No reason for you to not like them, I just choose not to :D) Love the music though, here's her YouTube page, http://www.youtube.com/user/lindseystomp I love her current video of Radio Active, it's my alarm on my iPod, makes getting up worth it. :)
Remember to Carpe Diem :)
Now I'm off to history :p I hope I can survive, I may be a zombie by the end of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment