Monday, April 22, 2013

Finally Here!

I'm ecstatic, finally! The 23rd is nearly here! My book is going to be sent to the editor tomorrow. I can hardly wait, I hearing what people liked about my book, and less so about what they didn't like, but if it makes for a good book, I'm willing to take it. :)
Anyway, here are the long awaited results for my driver's test. I wasn't even nervous for it until I sat in the car and realized what I was doing, it was also pretty hard because I'm used to driving an old vintage Plymouth Voyager that they probably don't even make anymore, so when I hopped in a brand new car, I was so confused to where everything was, I could find the seat belt and the steering wheel and that was about it. I couldn't even figure out how to adjust the seat, the lady giving me the test probably thought I was an absolute hoot when I asked how to adjust the seat. Here's for old-fashioned cars >:(
The test only took fifteen minutes, and I had to parallel park (which I failed at) pull a U-turn (which I think I did rather well on) and then pull next to a curb, (I also failed at that) then we drove back and I finally figured out where the speedometer was as we were finishing the test. I was shaking as we pulled into the parking lot, and I failed at parking, and then I could barely hold the pen and the clipboard to sign the piece of paper that she'd been marking me on.
I'm betting I know what you're predicting here. I wrote failed three times, and sadly out of the 21 possible points that I could have missed and still passed, I missed 16, so I like totally passed!!!
Okay granted, if I had made anymore mistakes, it would have been a failure, but I'm pretty happy with my results, scraping it by, oh yeah.
I'm officially licensed and can terrorize Utah roads. Oh yeah. It only took me a year to get and I'm nearly eighteen, so that's pretty lame, my older sister had her license at sixteen. Oh and to celebrate the fact that I got my license, I nearly got in a car crash, so I'm not overly excited about driving, and the fact that I've nearly been hit by Trax several times does not help. I freak every time the stupid rail road crossing lights turn on. I live right next to one of the stations, so I have top pass by at least one crossing to escape the suburbs where I live. Yippee.
I can hop onto a 1200 pound Thoroughbred horse and remain perfectly calm when he panics, but I panic when I cross a railroad crossing? Go figure, right?
But hey, at least I have a license! And this has taught me an important lesson, stop freaking out! Seriously, I know more than I realize! Becoming an author has turned me into a perfectionist, it helps when I calm down a little and realize, I'm only human and therefore I'm allowed to make mistakes.
Even 16 points worth of mistakes on the driver's test. At least I passed, now whether or not my parents will actually let me drive on my own is quite another question. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Tayla! I'm happy for you. Drivers tests are intimidating. And I'm sure it's harder dealing with the Trax trains at the same time as you're trying to learn. By the way, it made me smile to learn you're from Utah--so am I.

    ReplyDelete