Monday, April 8, 2013

First day of a new week

I've discovered a neat little fact, there are only 8 more weeks left of school. I'm super excited, I think 11th grade has been the hardest grade on me so far. I hope my senior year will be better, I mean, it's the last year of official schooling!
Rats, I just realized how old I am. I turn 18 this year.
Do I officially qualify as grown up?
I'm mildly curious about this fact. When are you officially "grown up?" When do you have to stop saying, "when I grown up?"
I used to say that with my sister, she's 19 now, and it seemed so old until I realized that I'll be turning 19 next year. Yikes. The prospect of being so close to being a 20-something is almost scary.
At least I will be out of "the grades." Haha. Only one more year worth of High School Drama, the real version of High School Musical. The only real time it was a musical was when I wanted to sing, "You're Not Sorry" by Taylor Swift to one of my classes, but I would have just been looked at weird and I seriously doubt I'd get any background singers like what mysteriously happens in Disney Channel movies. That annoys me, seriously.
Anyway, now that I'm going through a teenage age crisis, I'm happy to announce that I have FINALLY gotten back into writing. I went through a major slump for about 2 weeks where everything I wrote was trash. I was incredibly frustrated. I started two books, got stuck at approximately the same place, I do plan on going back to them, but right now, I'm still in a Twisted mindset.
So I'm finally going to finish out the series.
Originally, I only planned on having 3 books. No more, no less. Everything fit in perfectly, where it all goes, eh...I'm still trying to figure that out, but that's half the fun.
And then I realized, I couldn't leave it where I did, or I at least knew that I wouldn't be happy with it ending right there.
And I needed to leave room for a character to redeem himself.
And I needed to tie off that loose end.
And I'm not ready to let go.
Call me possessed, but I'm addicted to my books. They are my precious, or at least my journals because I hate writing in journals, (so what's this blog? Uh...) where my emotions come out in friendlier ways that me writing in bold letters I HATE SO AND SO THEY ARE SO MEAN. Eventually, your hand gets cramped after writing so many bolded letters.
Anyway, so the series ends after an enormous war. The Four Kingdoms are trying to pull themselves back together when I end the books, everything looks hunky-dory, or at least it did until I began writing the fourth book and realized that it wasn't.
These questions are ones I can't ignore, ones my readers would probably send me.
What happens after the war?
Is everyone really happy?
What effects do the war have on the Four Kingdoms?
What about Allie and her new boyfriend? What happens to them?
Does Aster ever get a love life?
Are you seriously going to leave it like this?
My answer to the last question, no, I'm not. I can't. So I'm being smart, I'm writing the "after the happy ending" book BEFORE I publish the whole series, that way everything is already foreshadowed. Haha. I hate when authors make a lot of money off the book that was originally going to stand as a single, and then they go "Hey, I'll make some major $$$ if I write another!"
And so they do it without any sort of foreshadowing at all from the first book. I hate it! I like books to be tied together so if you pull on one string in one book, you yank on the whole series, instead of finding a bunch of loose threads.
Yeah, that's all. I told you I'd have more to writing on Monday :)
Random writing thought,
You know you're a writing nerd when you make sure your notes from a lecture are grammatically correct and written in full sentences. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment