Friday, April 12, 2013

A Long Week Finally (thankfully) Over

The title says it all. It's been a really long week.
School has literally been killing me, I'm glad that it's finally (almost) the weekend. Do teachers ENJOY trying to murder their students so that they'll have less work to do? I know that some don't, but others...well you have to wonder, the homework load they give out, yikes. Overkill, and busywork. I hate busywork.
Anyway, yesterday, I was talking to my younger sister who is an avid fan of my boots (one fan out of several, (IE, my wonderful family and friends)) she said that she really didn't start reading until she read Twisted (my book, naturally) and once she read Twisted she couldn't get enough of reading. This little girl read my entire book series in less than two months. She read the entire Harry Potter series in two weeks, (I still haven't managed to do that, I don't like the fifth one, (SPOILER ALERT!) I can't get over the fact that Sirius dies. He was my favorite character and then he was just, gone, pardon me, I need to find a Kleenex, *sniff) and I just started my sister on the Percy Jackson series yesterday, I wonder if she can read all eight that Rick Riordan has out, I'm trying to do that, seriously, need a good book, go read Percy Jackson, it's a real pick-me-up that's for sure.
And she got started on all this because she read Twisted.
Whoa.
I personally am a bookworm, if it's worth reading, I'll eat that sucker, hence the bookworm. If you want to write well, you need to read, and on top of that, reading is highly addicting, I love it, can't get enough of a good book. I can't get enough of writing a good book either, I can sit at my computer for hours on end, cheerfully typing away, I generally come up for air around 4:00 when I practice my violin and then I'm diving back into my word of Twisted.
What I really love is a book that makes you think afterwards, Tuesdays at the Castle made me think, it made me sad, it made me happy, best kind of book. I love words.
Okay, so now I'm rambling. I should just finish that essay in English that has been giving me a crick in the neck since yesterday when it was assigned, I love words except when they're in essay form. If I have to write another analytical essay, I think I'll explode.
Here's for the written word :)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you to have inspired your sister to read! I don't think there's a higher compliment than for her to say that your books made her like reading.

    And congrats on being so close to the end of the school year. Considering your post that you only had 8 weeks left was on Monday, I'm guessing you're down to 7 now. Yeah!

    And I'm excited for you in sending Twisted out to your editor. I don't know about you, but whenever I get anything back from my editor I immediately disagree with 90% of what he says until I turn off the computer and come back to his comments a day later. Then I realize he's right, and my manuscript is all the better for it. It's kind of a love-hate relationship. :) But it's always exciting.

    ReplyDelete