Friday, June 28, 2013

Whoa! Super tired!

Okay, you know that "end of the week" buzz you get in your ears? I have that. I'm sooo tired, I just want to drop on my face and snore!
I know it's been a while since I wrote anything about my violin, it feels like I haven't made much progress with it lately. Well it did feel like that. Last week I think on Tuesday, I decided I wanted to learn how to play a song I positively love, Haunted by Taylor Swift. It reminds me of my story and my life at times.
Two years ago (ish, more like a year and a half, two is easier to type!) I wanted to learn how to play it on the piano. My older sister wasn't exactly eager to teach me, so I found a bunch of help online and taught myself how to play the piano. Don't go thinking I'm a prodigy, I can only play Haunted. But that did help me when I took up the violin and apparently I had Haunted so packed hard in my mind that when I went to play it on the violin, I only had to look at the sheet music once! It was pretty cool, I'm able to play with Taylor singing and I feel so awesome, even if I am making mistakes all the time. :)
I'm just a little frustrated, my editor still hasn't gotten my book back to me yet! Gah! It makes me want to rip my hair out! I know what I need to fix, I just want her feedback and I'm SICK AND TIRED OF WAITING!
By now you probably know I'm not a very patient person. =)
At least my editor called me last week to explain why, she seemed pretty understanding to what kind of pacing, fretting, frustrating worry she was putting me through. She's touching my precious manuscript! My baby! I just want it back! I'm glad that she seemed friendly, and was understanding. That was super nice. :)
I also read the books by an author that's been helping me. Stephanie Fowers, reading her books gives me hope since she published hers the way I'm going to publish mine, and for the record, her books are AMAZING! I love Hobs. :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on doing so well at playing Haunted! I'm amazed that you only had to look at the sheet music once. You must be really amazing at the violin. If you ever record yourself, please put it on your blog so I can hear. :)

    I'm glad your editor called you last week. At least you know she hasn't dropped off the edge of the planet. :) But it seems like you've been waiting a long time!

    I've never read Stephanie Fowers. Sounds like I'll have to check her books out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty amazed too, I thought I was going to have to go through the arduous task of memorizing the song, but nope. :)
      Granted I still make like a million mistakes, but you know, the learning process kind of sucks for the first bit.
      Maybe when I'm better at playing, I'll record myself playing. :D

      Delete
  2. Hey, this has nothing to do with your post, but I just remembered that the League of Utah Writers' Conference is coming up again. I don't know if you've ever attended before, but it is in Salt Lake this year and will be held Sept 13-14. Early registration (for a cheaper price) ends Aug 23 if you're a member. And if you're not a member, it costs less to become one than it does to pay the non-member rate. Check out the website for more info: http://www.luwriters.org/

    Anyway, I'll be there and I'll watch for you if you're attending also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like fun! I'll have to check out the website.

      Delete