Monday, June 24, 2013

Long

Sorry, long time no post! It was a long hectic week last week with TWO visits to the doctor. Ugh. I'm getting sick of this, they can't figure out what's wrong with me and I seriously feel like rubbish. I went on Wednesday and that doctor sent me to another to have a...well I forgot what it was, oh yeah, ultrasound to look at my upper abdomen to make sure everything looked okay. It was kind of odd and everything I saw on the screen looked bad, especially this big ole black spot that was apparently on my spleen and it looked like my spleen was WAY too big. But hey, I'm no doctor, I couldn't tell my liver from a kidney.
I also had a chest x-ray because I have this bad cough that leaves me tasting blood. That really made camping fun. Woo.
The upside to this is that I watched the third Lord of the Rings movie and loved it. Granted I had a horrible headache and could hardly focus on anything happening, but the Nazgul were back, so I was happy. I was especially happy (WAIT! this is a spoiler, if you haven't seen the movie, skip to the next paragraph!) when the eagles came and attacked the Nazgul on their fell beasts. I know sounds awful, here's why, I saw one of the Nazgul fall off his fell beast! That means one of the Nine wasn't destroyed when Mt. Doom blew up! I hope it was Khamul because sadly there's no hope for the Witch-king, he deflated :'( we will mourn you, Witch-king, for your awesomeness I will miss. Although it made me kind of sad to think that that poor wraith is wandering around by himself after eons of being with eight others, but then again, after eons of constantly having to fight with eight others, being alone was probably a blessing!
Yeah, I'll admit it, I'm hopeless. While people look up pictures of cute boys, I'm searching for Nazgul. I just like the way they look, reminds me of my wraiths and as dumb as it may seem, wraiths are incredibly difficult to draw! Not as though they'd want it to be easy for us living to draw them. Pfft!
I'm also happy today because I managed to write, I've had such an off time with writing that I've wanted to take up knitting instead. The second book in Twisted always gets to me, but I refuse to be defeated! I wrote from the Secret Keeper's POV and it made me love him all the more and I got a better understanding of why he acted the way he did in the first book. Wraiths speak their own cryptic languages, expressions, glares, and body language mean so much! I realized that I'm taking their cryptic language from the language of horses, (yes, hopeless horse addict here!) A back turned in horse lingo means leave me alone, I don't want to see you or be touched by you, same thing in wraith lingo, and if you push that bubble, both horse and wraith will feel threatened by your intrusion.
This writing is also teaching me a valuable lesson, I shouldn't strive for perfection, there's no chance that I'll reach it. I'm still trying to figure out what goes where and the only way I'll learn that is by writing!
I'm really grateful for the days when the Secret Keeper cooperates with me, or more like, when I listen to him. Yes, your characters will pick up lives of their own, my characters certainly have and the one that normally gives me the most grief is the Secret Keeper. He's so stubborn! But on days when he's working with me, man, it's amazing. He speaks so formally, you wouldn't expect it from one among the undead, but I have a hard time imagining them speaking with street language. I mean imagine the Witch-king coming up to you and saying, "Cho, gimmie dat ring, I'm gonna take it to mah boss and he's gonna pull curtains on you!"
Frodo would probably say something like, "What?"
It's the same reason why I have a hard time imagining them using swear words, I personally hate swear words and so when I watched a YouTube movie where they had the Nazgul swear, I was taken aback, like whoa, they wouldn't say that! that kind of speech to the undead is just another reason why we living are so extremely odd to them.
Sorry, I'm going off about the undead again. I probably drive my siblings CRAZY with how much I say. I'm just fascinated with the mindsets of the undead, they're so greedy and self-centered it's funny! Granted if I had to swap places with Aster, the Secret Keeper would drive me positively bonkers! I'd want to grab his shoulders and shake his noggin around while screaming, "IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU!"
Of course that would be seen as an intrusion of his space and would not be all that well. :)
Okay, here's a speed drawing I found of a wraith, it reminds me of Amaarzar, so I like it. I mean wraiths of sand? Kind of the like the Terrors of the Sands. Hehehe. And NO I didn't copy that, I didn't make the connection until about three seconds ago!
Anyway, I know the audio cuts out, so play the movie below it when it does and you have nice music until the audio comes back :D
BTW, wraith above, not something I'd want to have a chance meeting with in the middle of the night! And for the other music, you can click on it and it should take you to YouTube so you can see what it is. I'm not sure of the name, only that I like it :) I think it's called Always Watching You by Paul Colliner, or something like that. So yeah.

4 comments:

  1. It's nice and also frustrating how much writing takes from you. I agree that it's amazing how much your characters develop into "real" people/wraiths that will not be forced into situations or even conversations that is out of character for them. Sometimes it's great how it takes you away from all the problems of life--like your exasperatingly undiagnosed medical conditions--but sometimes it can drive me nuts how consuming life is as a writer. :)

    By the way, I'm worse than you about my blog postings. I'm skipping this week AGAIN. Moving is taking it out of me. I haven't done much of anything with my book, let alone staying up on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when characters develop into their own person! My bad guy Amaaarzar is barely starting to evolve into someone I can relate to. His pain is incredible, it almost makes me feel sorry for him.
      And yes life as a writer can be exasperating! You think you know everything until you sit down to write the next day and realize how little you actually know.
      Good luck with moving, :)

      Delete
  2. I completely agree about thinking you know everything until you sit down to write! I worry I come across as if I think I know everything because of my blog. The truth is that I had absolutely nothing to blog about until I realized that I could use info and notes from the millions (practically) of classes I've gone to and books I've read on it. Yet, I think it's so much more than following a list of techniques! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that moment when you think you look like a know-it-all and realize you don't. I hate that. :)

      Delete