Monday, July 1, 2013

About to Pull a Frosty the Snowman and Melt

It's almost nine in the morning where I am and it's roughly 82 degrees Fahrenheit in Utah. It's been over one hundred degrees for the past week and I'm sure everything is going to melt. I don't really mind the heat, I actually kind of like it when I'm in the shade and not getting fried by the sun (turns out when you're a redhead you burn easier, both with a temper and from the sun, go figure) yesterday while I was in church the power went out and it was quite the interesting meeting. We came home and the power was STILL out because of the killer heat.
Yes, it's quite hot here, but I refused to be quenched by heat! No actually this is like a cool day in another part of my story (yes, I instantly go to my story, author habit, sorry :D) called the Golgi Desert, and yes for those of you who know your biology, a Golgi apparatus is something in a cell, but biology nearly killed me last school year, so I decided to take something out of it, plus it sounds cool. Say it, "Golgi Desert" it just rolls right off your tongue!
The Golgi Desert is right next to the Four Kingdoms, bordering two of the kingdoms. It's split into two separate halves and you're going to love this, it's so original! The Upper Golgi Desert and the Lower Golgi Desert. Ruled by different sultans under a peace treaty, the Upper and Lower Golgi Deserts rarely interact with each other, mainly because the Upper part wants nothing to do with the Terrors of the Lower.
Sorry this isn't making much sense, bear with me. :)
Yeah since it's a desert it can get REALLY hot there, (like some of the men, Prince Shegya, meow) and I'm cool with the heat in Utah because I pretend I'm in the Golgi Desert, and yes I pretend a lot. It's how I get ideas for my stories, and survive situations that aren't so pleasant.
And for those of you keeping up with what I've written about my story on this blog, the Golgi Desert is where Amaarzar exists (can't say lives, because he's undead and that would totally insult him!) I'm not saying where he exists, because there's some element of surprise in Twisted that would be ruined if I did. Night time in the Lower Golgi Desert is a realm of Terror.
And anyway, those of you who saw my earlier blog post before I deleted some of it may be wondering. Turns out, I was totally wrong to assume about my sister. I have a problem with tunnel vision sometimes, it's just my claws coming out, desperate to protect myself, and I was building with stress on Friday and it kind of exploded all over the place.
But it's all okay now, my sister and I talked on Friday night and watched Flight 29 Down until one, and whined about boys, so obviously, everything is cool. :) I had not right to write what I did, but seriously, I felt like I had no other outlet to seethe through, so I apologize for turning into a ranting beastie.
I'm also a little fried out with my editor. I'm desperate to have my book back and every time I turn my iPod on and there's no emails, I sink just a little bit lower. But on the upside I'm almost done with the second book of Twisted, granted, it sucks, but I think I've smoothed out some of the problems and finally gave Allie Taylor a role to play while giving Aster and the Secret Keeper a break from running around all over the place.  I plan on finishing it on the 4th of July, because seriously I've been working on it since May and I'm a little burned out.
Also, I love the person who invented Copy and Paste. I used my old chapters in the new version because they're good enough, seriously. Just a bit of tweaking here, smoothing there, and they're good to go, makes my life easier, because sometimes the only thing I DON'T want to write is action! Action scenes can be among the hardest to orchestrate because so much is happening, but at least I'm learning that it can be just plain cheesy until I know what's happening. So yeah.
Hopefully I won't melt this week, the temperature is looking pretty much the same as last week, the lowest one we have being 100 degrees, what a cold drift! I'm thinking that I want to move to Maine, I watch the temperatures there for another story of mine (the Best Thing, kind of a modern twist off the prequel in Twisted) and 70 degrees Fahrenheit is looking really tempting right now. I hope wherever you are, you don't melt, :) summer months, not a wraith's favorite time of the year. Too much sun!

2 comments:

  1. I think we're due for a little rain and cooler temperatures in Utah. And I agree with you about sometimes wondering why I live here. I have always LOVED coastal Oregon. The fact that that its temperatures are great and they know the definition of "green" has always been appealing to me.

    Good luck with the Best Thing. And don't worry about having a good rant about your sister or anyone else from time to time. I didn't read your post before you made the changes so I don't know what you said. But I don't think there's a person on the planet that doesn't need to vent sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go to Oregon! Oregon or Maine, I'm not picky, just someplace that ISN'T a desert, PLEASE! And the ranting thing, wooo, I have a bad habit of letting it build until I explode, needless to say, I exploded last week.

      Delete