Friday, June 7, 2013

Just Waiting

I don't have much to post today. I'm just waiting. Waiting for my editor to send back my book. Sigh, this seems to be taking forever, every time I get an email, I jump onto it hoping that it's her about to send it back...but not luck, it's usually just YouTube.
Yeah.
Oh and I got in a fight with a horse trailer yesterday. I didn't move far enough away from it as I was scooting past it and scraped up my stomach pretty badly. Oops. My bad. It felt good, real good, especially since for some dumb reason I kept touching it in my sleep last night and waking myself up and thinking ow, that hurt! It meaning the lovely scratch. I should put a Band-Aid on that sucker, but eh, I don't like having Band-Aids anywhere but on my legs or arms, they just get irritating when they're other places and it's not bleeding so I guess there's really no point.
Yes, and I'm also really grateful for YouTube, why? Because there are diligent people out there who go to all the work to explain how to do really tough levels in video games so you don't have to guess. Ahhh, yes, I'm lazy, but in my defense it feels like I found every glitch in the Lego Lord of the Rings game on the first day I played it. I'm also kind of irritated with that game because you have to wait for night to come out to buy certain characters, thereby meaning the Nazgul, and it won't be night in the game. I was like "Oh you stupid wraiths, just come out during the day and make me happy."
If you've been paying any attention to my past posts, you'd know that probably wouldn't go over to well for me :D Wraiths hate the sun, and they really hate little bossy redheaded girls.
My older sister and only brother watched the Two Towers last night, or at least started it. I was actually kind of bored with it because the Nazgul weren't in it (I know! I'm pathetic! It's why I like my books, there's a wraith on almost every page!) but then it went to the part with the Dead Marshes, as I believe they're called. Here goes with my insane bravery, I write about the undead everyday, I know a lot about them, but watching Frodo lean over to look at the dead guy in the water, I was having a freak out attack, predicting, "It's going to open its eyes!" my siblings were probably rolling their eyes, I have a bad history with eyeballs, I screamed during Scooby-Doo (the old version of Scooby-Doo too!) and then Frodo fell into the water.
If you've seen the movie, you know what happens next. If you haven't, skip this part, or it'll be a spoiler. :)
So for those of you who have seen the movie you know that Frodo starts sinking down as undead ghosties come reaching for his face. My first reaction was AHHHHHH!!!! Cover my eyes! Don't peek! Don't listen! But I didn't, I kept watching, and then I thought is that REALLY what the undead look like? Sick! Then I said, "They want Frodo's face!"
Yeah, overall explanation behind that? People spend too much time glorifying the undead. Even though it seems like I do that, trust me, I don't. The undead existence is a pathetic one, and the only reason most undead beings won't admit to it is because they're too proud, or too stupid to realize. The ones that do silently mourn the loss of their connection with the living. I think we should focus more on the living than on the undead, because face it, most of the time people portray the undead wrongly anyway, just under my personal opinion. Zombies sooo overrated! If you go google it and look on more accurate sights you'll see that zombies DON'T TALK, they're risen from the dead to be the servants of a necromancer, either living or a lich. They are the lesser undead, meaning they don't have enough brain in that rotted head to reason whether stepping off a cliff or not would be a good idea.
The reasoning undead, wraiths, and so forth are the ones you should be worried about, if you lived in a world where they existed. They don't here, so don't worry, you can take that graveyard stroll and the only active thing in there will be your imagination. :)
BTW, most undead don't hang around graveyards. They have better things to do. You'll probably run into ghouls, or skeletons, maybe zombies but that's about it. A wraith? Forget it, the living will be hanging around a cemetery and they don't like us.
Hopefully I haven't made you mad or annoyed with my ranting, I'm trying to make a point with my books, umm, as soon as I figure out what that point is...remember what is written above is completely my opinion and how it's set up in the world of Twisted, and I don't want any comments telling me that zombies can talk! Gracious! I hate zombies! I've done my research, as gross as it sometimes was, those pictures...yeuck! I've based my undead on what I learned from researching them and yes my wraiths are somewhat like the Nazgul, in terms to how they fell or "faded" as Arwen put it. Self-denial can be a dangerous thing, and I mean denial of who you are, not being selfless, wraiths are very selfish.
On a happier note, if you aren't totally disgusted with me by now :) I found another great music composer on YouTube. I like sharing these with you guys so that you can enjoy them too, because I'm starting to like lyricless music, so much junk out there!
http://www.youtube.com/user/RyannMusical?feature=
And here's some music that he's made that I think is totally awesome
It's called Sound of Falling Rain, :)

2 comments:

  1. Keep sharing the music! I love it--even if I'm insanely slow to respond to your posts. And I like how passionate you feel about wraiths and zombies. I truly believe the books you write are a part of you. So it's important to be passionate about them.

    I think being an author changes forever how you view movies and read books. I had to laugh at myself when I went to see "Man of Steel" this weekend. Without spoiling anything, I found myself cheering certain things about the plot. I think it's a very well-written movie. Superman jumped way up on my list of favorite superheros. He's almost as high on the list as Batman (and that's saying a lot).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Batman will always top, after all, he's Batman! Yeah, the predicting plot thing gets kind of annoying, especially when you know the next thing that's going to happen is scary!

      Delete