Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What a Rush

Despite the negativity in my last post about editing, I'm actually enjoying it. I know! It sounds almost contradictory! I whine on and on about how much I hate it, and then I write about how much I'm liking it. Go figure.
I'm currently at the climax in editing, so I'd like to get back to that, but I'm writing this so I don't get into a habit of posting not very often. :)
Yesterday, I learned a lot about horses. Yes, still a horse nut here, nothing's changed. I'm trying to complete Parelli level one which is kind of problematic since it's been three weeks since the last time I touched a horse!
I had this problem with my riding lessons. It was with my ankles. When my legs were pulled up to the hunter jumper position (go Google it, yeouch!) my ankles would throb and give out and I would unceremoniously thrown onto the horse's neck. This problem was caused by my riding instructors constantly screaming at me to point my toes inward, turns out, you shouldn't do this!
When you ride, you should be part of the horse, not this foreign thing clinging onto their backs. To be part of the horse, you need to sit the shape of the horse. Light legs, heavy butt, toes pointed out. When your toes are out, you're not pinching with your knees, when your toes are pointing in, your horse is getting pinched on all sides, no wonder they buck!
Why am I writing this? I thought it was cool. I had my younger sister try it out on me and I could tell how UNCOMFORTABLE it is for our poor horses when we clutch with our knees, point our toes inward and sit sky high. It hurt. My back ached. Glad my sis didn't have reins or she would've pulled my mouth off.
I'm also gloating because I was right and my old riding instructors wrong. It is highly uncomfortable and puts structural strain on you and your horse! When you ride with your toes pointing inwards or forwards.
Try it. Sit like you're on a horse, toes pointing out. Then point your toes forward, just like that, you are no longer the shape of your horse! Toes pointing inwards makes it even worse!
Poor horses. They have to endure so much of proper riding. Proper riding is not savvy riding. When you're savvy you don't pinch the poop out of your horse!
It was a rush to learn.
Sorry for my language. I feel strongly about this. :)
Yeah, that's about all I have to say, other than, last night I dreamt I put Gollum in a dress and his precious was my iPod and he broke it. It was odd.
Oh, quick update for those asking and saw my comment. I DID change Aster's age. I spoke with my older sister (Yes, the one with the boyfriend =D) and she said she thought Aster was too old. Apparently 23 is old. So I changed it to 20. I was going for 19 but my sister said that was too awkward between Aster and Allie. Though it would make a lot of you romance lovers happy to have a spot of romance in Twisted.
Sorry. The only love story I'm considering writing is the backstory of Amaarzar. (Oddly enough my main bad guy has a love story. Weird.) I'm not a fan of romance unless it's Twisted Tales; With a Kiss by Stephanie Fowers. I was urging the main characters to kiss by the end of it. ;)
This is Gollum's Rescue (remember my dream. Gollum in a little girl dress, disturbing!) by Studio C, a BYU comedy group. If you want to look them up, they're mostly clean. Here's another fave by them. Five Day Weather Forecast.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun editing! I'm happy for you that it's coming together so well. And I have to agree with you on the romance novels--they tend to be more than a little cheesy. By the way, I like the 5 day forecast. It's nice to get a little warning that it's the end of the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying the editing. :) and yes, the 5 day forecast is awesome. ;)

      Delete