Friday, July 12, 2013

Crossing My Fingers

Okay, yesterday I got an email from my editor saying that she was about 50 pages away from being done and it would either be today or Monday. I've got my fingers crossed for today. If I have to wait another three days, I think I'll self-combust.
Plus there's the added measure of suspense that I'm going on vacation in a week and my Mom cancelled the mail for that week, so I'd have to wait even longer to get my book back through the mail. I'm chewing my nails (actually I'm not. I cut my nails too short every single time I cut them so there's nothing to chew!) with anxiousness.
I've also realized that I'm exactly 17 and 11 months (well, exactly in two weeks) meaning in a month I'll be 18 and that's a scary thought! I don't know if I'm ready to be grown-up. Part of me wants to stay a little kid forever and the other part cringes and says "okay, let's grow up!"
Though my goal is to have my book published by my birthday. I don't know if it's going to happen, but if it doesn't I'll publish in October. Why October? Well that was my goal LAST year. To have my book published by October 15th 2012. Naturally you can assume it didn't happen. :) I'm glad it didn't, I got major help from an author friend in November so I'm super glad that I missed that goal because the suggestions she gave me really helped!
It's actually really exciting to think that in about two months my book will finally be published! I've been working on this for about three years, so you can imagine my excitement. I've just got to cross my fingers and hope that nothing else goes wrong. I'm still terrified that I'll get it out there and nobody will even LOOK at it. Then it's three years down the drain and I take up knitting. Just kidding, I can't even hold the needles right, sooo, I guess knitting wouldn't happen.
But everyone I know seems to want to read it. My violin teacher (I hope she reads it! I put both her horses into the second book. Gypsy and Cheyenne, just to make her happy. I'm not sure where Cheyenne is, but I think she's going to be Mullin's horse, so she'll get a lot of page time that way. Mullin is one of the wraiths, but don't worry! Unlike the Nazgul, my wraiths actually respect their horses. Well, most of them do anyway...) said she'd read it. And everyone except for a few readers who positively hated my main character and was really vocal about that fact...sorry, still a little bitter about that, it wasn't even constructive criticism. Aster isn't exactly what you'd call society's best, but seriously, did she have to go on and on about how much she didn't like him? Aster is practically me! He's so much like me if we met in real life we'd either be the best of friends or we'd drive each other CRAZY!
Sorry again...I'm not terribly fond of when people mock my characters. They all have little drops of me in them (some have a LOT of drops, others like Apasha the fat dude, only got like a little snippet) so when people mock my characters, it feels like they're mocking me and that hurts my feel goods. Yeah, and then I tend to get even by putting those people into my books. Like those girls I talked about last week getting their free rides to college...yeah, they're in it. And I even call them in Twisted what I've referred to them in real life. A giggling gang of gits.
Not so sure what happens to those girls, but I think the worst of them get a face to face meeting with Amaarzar. So ha!
Anyway. I'm just crossing my fingers hoping that I'll get my book back soon.
Also the weirdest thing just occurred to me. It's nearly been a year since I begged my parents for violin lessons. It's strange. A lot has happened since then, and my proudest achievement right now is that I can vibrato with my pinky!
Yeah, I know, big achievement, but hey, it ain't easy to vibrato!
Awesome music I found. Can't listen to it anywhere but YouTube because the album art is naughty and I'm sorry. I just don't respect that. Anyway, the music is awesome. =D

2 comments:

  1. Tayla, I already saw the title of your next posting so I know you got your manuscript back today. I'm sorry you had to wait through the weekend, but I'm SO glad you got it back now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a long weekend, but it's over now! I'm happy to have gotten word from her!

      Delete