Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Change Since Monday? Not Really

Sorry for my lack of things to write. Not much has happened since Monday, other than me driving to the library by myself for the first time, actually driving ANYWHERE by myself. It was kind of scary not having the extra protection of another person there and I was almost completely positive I wouldn't survive and be able to write this post.
Rest assured I did without much mishap than some lout laying on the horn (by the way, lout means thief, scoundrel...etc.) as I pulled into the middle part of the road (between the two yellow lines, not sure what that parts called) to wait for traffic to clear up. I was reasonably annoyed. Wouldn't it be nice to have a world without people that are addicted to pressing on their horns? I think so, I hate it when people honk at me!
So as far as my editor, nope, not a word.
As far as the second book of Twisted, making slow progress, my goal was to finish by tomorrow. Not so sure that's going to happen now. I got laid up yesterday by being a little brat and avoiding writing because I was pretty well annoyed with everything. My general answer to that is a really long nap, but I think I need a new answer because I'm tired for the rest of the evening until the time I need to go to sleep!
And if any of you remember my goal to finish Suzuki book 1 by May, well, that was pretty dashed. I'm still on the last song and if I could burn it, I would. Gavotte is not a favorite, rest assured.
Oh, want to know a good way to write a hundred pages in a week? Seems impossible right? It isn't! I've done it for the last year! Write a chapter and a half everyday and depending on the length of your chapters, mine tend to be around 8-12 pages long, you'll reach a hundred pages, or around that (hey! 80 is good!) by Saturday. But you have to write everyday, I found it's also a really good way to eliminate writer's block. Having a set goal and stressing about reaching it really squishes out room for rabid worry about not knowing what to write, you'll find something! Anything! Just to avoid admitting to yourself that you didn't reach your daily quota. :)
Granted I messed up on that yesterday, so I'm not the perfect example, I'm just saying that it can be done! It also helps if you listen to music that you really like, gets the mood going.
And if writer's block does creep up I learned at the NANOWRIMO class (National November Writing Month, or something like that) that you either need to give someone a present, or kill someone, or do something entirely different like having a character leap off a cliff, jump into a burning building or come face to face with his worst enemy.
Hopefully that won't happen for my characters, especially the Secret Keeper, his worst enemy being Amaarzar and all. :D
Be safe for the Fourth of July and remember! If you love your doggy, keep him inside, fireworks are fun for us, by terrifying for dogs and cats! Surround them with familiar sounds or you'll have a howling running menace.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you still haven't heard from your editor! What's taking so long?

    Great tips for getting past writers' block and for writing set number of pages every day. I know my biggest curse on the computer is solitaire. If I'm not disciplined, I convince myself that one game of solitaire will help me think of what to write next. You can guess how well that works out. :)

    I'll remember your suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know about the editor! It's kind of driving me MAD! I know about the one game thing, but my weakness is YouTube, I think "I'll just watch one movie" two hours later, "oh I should write"

      Delete