Thursday, October 31, 2013

Complete

Today was probably among the best days I've ever had. Not because it was Halloween. My family doesn't really celebrate it, though I really don't mind free candy :)
I woke up somewhat early today and finally managed to finish a chapter that had been given me trouble for some time. I went with my violin teacher to work with her horses and it was awesome! Gypsy was such a good girl, even though I was flopping all over her back. I got a lesson from my teacher and I'd say it was the best riding lesson I'd ever gotten. Usually when I take a riding lesson I'm getting barked at for not doing it right and I sit there trotting and walking in endless circles wondering if I'll ever progress further than a trot.
My violin teacher thought I was ready for the canter. It was like flying, I managed to keep a good seat through parts of it, and my helmet was flopping all over my head, but it was purely awesome. I've got to keep that experience in mind for when Aster (my main character) rides the fictional Gypsy. I was clinging to her mane, focused on going where I needed, but my chest was fluttering with how amazing it was. According to my teacher I'm an intermediate beginner. It was good to know that seven years worth of riding lessons and bouncing barns paid off. My teacher said that maybe by next year I'd be ready to show.
The only downfall to working with Gypsy was that she tore a chunk of my thumb off with her teeth. Don't get too freaked out, it was just the top layer. I was giving her a treat and she got my finger. I was kind of stunned, feeling the pain and wondering what I should do. I ripped my thumb away a little shocked to see the torn skin. My thumb is okay now, but lesson learned, I should've had my hand flatter when I offered the treat!
When I got home there was a surprise waiting. My younger sister tore open the door and told me what I wanted to hear, my book had arrived while I was gone. I finally got to hold a physical copy of Twisted today. It was surreal. No more dreaming, no more imagining. It was real.



It was amazing to see. To feel. My family was freaking out with amazement. Ahh. I feel complete today.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! This is a happy day--or I guess yesterday was since I'm reading this a day later. You deserve a feel-good day after all the stress you've been dealing with. I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy for me too. It was so amazing to hold a copy of my book!

      Delete