Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Reminder

Guess what!? Twisted is officially available in the Kindle store! It was quite the shocker to see MY BOOK on AMAZON!!!
So you may be wondering how I am feeling to be a published author...well, yesterday, not so great. I felt like a failure. I literally felt as though I had failed because not a single person had even LOOKED at Twisted,okay, I don't know how true that is, but when I looked at other author's books, like Rick Riordan's new book (the title just slipped my brain) who had 480 reviews after five days, I crashed.
I know that is really stupid. I AM IN HIGH SCHOOL AND I PUBLISHED A FREAKING BOOK!
I'm sorry, I'm kind of ranting at myself. It is so stupid for me not to look at what I have done and where I have come and NOT be proud of myself.
I AM 18 AND I PUBLISHED A BOOK!
I made this reminder for myself,
I made that picture in January 2011 maybe 2012. I don't remember which January. Long story short, it's been hanging on my wall for a really long time. I didn't make my goal last year, but this year I did it.
If you can't read it (and I don't blame you, iPod pictures tend to be like that =D) it says "October 15, Be there" as a reminder to myself to get published on the 15th.
The Done part says that I am...well done. I accomplished my goal and I will be happy with myself because I did it.
I'm not saying that I'll be thrilled if no one buys it. I wrote it so people could read it, but I will be proud of myself nonetheless (whoa, that's a really long word!)
I can't lie and say that it was an easy goal to reach. It was hard! I was clawing and scrabbling and crying a lot. Things happened and I felt like I'd been kicked in the chest and I quit for maybe an hour. I'm terrible at quitting permanently. Unless you count my art class I was glad to see that sucker go.
Here's the truth, there is not a single part of me that is not in that book. I put everything I had. Everything. I gave up hours upon hours to write it, I gave up part of my social life, watching TV, video games, even and oh, I dare say it, sleep! And because of that effort, my book has a soul. It's touched me. It's aided me in my life. Now it's no longer completely mine. I wrote it for people to read. I wrote it for you to read. If you don't want to even look at it, fine, that's your choice not mine. My choice is this, because of all the effort I put into my book, all the hours and thoughts I forced myself to spend on Twisted I KNOW it will be successful. I will be happy knowing that fact. I accomplished my goal. I'm published before graduating high school. That's not something everyone can claim.
Here is my reminder to me.
I did it.
Rachel K. Johnson did an interview for the release of my book on Kindle. You can see it here.
http://authorrachelkjohnson.blogspot.com/2013/10/interview-with-tayla-durham_15.html?showComment=1381941590197#c3325815358540523373

And if you want to check out my book in the Amazon Kindle store. $2.99 will get you a copy of it and it's in the Amazon lending library!
http://www.amazon.com/Twisted-ebook/dp/B00FWT4BHW/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1381941745&sr=1-1&keywords=twisted+Tayla+durham

I apologize for not having it out in print yet. I know, it's driving me crazy as well. I've spent so much time looking at my book on an electronic device that seeing it on the Kindle is pretty much like seeing it on my computer, except I can't delete things. :) The print version will be available as early as the 19th (this Saturday, the day I'm hoping for) or as late as the 31, Halloween. Duh. :)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Tayla! I'm almost a third of the way done with Twisted and I'm loving it. I promise to review it once I'm finished, but you've gotta give me at least a few more days. :) Thanks for sharing this part of your soul with the world--okay, that sounds very cheesy but I'm serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it and yes I shared my soul. (Also a bit cheesy ;D)

      Delete