Friday, February 1, 2013

Look mom! I can vibrato!

So, after about three months worth of rubbing my fingers on the strings, and then wiggling my wrist and feeling like an idiot while I do it has paid off! I can vibrato, very badly! But I can vibrato! I watched a YouTube video on how to do vibrato and in it the lady said that you should practice whenever you have a long note to hold, so I did, and what did the result behold? I can do it! (I think) Okay, so I still have a ways to go to be able to do it correctly, or for a long time, but at least I can do it, and YOW, it makes your arm sore while you practice doing it. Another year and I hope I'll have it down. :)
I also discovered that by learning how to play The Story of Us by Taylor Swift, my hour worth of practice goes a lot faster and is more fun than before. It helps if you play something you're passionate about.
Yeah, that's about all I have to say, practice makes good playing. It takes time to become good at something and even longer to master it, I'm still working on mastering the art of writing books, everyday (mostly) I'm surprised by what happens. I'm looking forward to adding Nova, (think big powerful black shire horse) back into the story. He belongs to the Secret Keeper and I'm totally in love with this horse. (Oh, the Secret Keeper is one of my main characters, he's a wraith so he's REALLY difficult to work with, he kind of makes the Witch King from LOTR look sane.)
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment