Monday, February 11, 2013

Got a New Love

Yes, as the post title says, I've fallen in love. But with a type of music, not person. I started listening to Celtic music and it wound a Celtic knot around my heart and won't let go. Naturally after such an event a craving will occur, and what is that craving? I want to learn how to play it on my violin.
Sadly I'm about as far away from Ireland and Scotland as a person could get, in the middle of a desert no doubt, but I have no lack of Irish heritage, and I figure that if I'm going to be blessed with lovely Irish hair (red, thick and curly, thanks) I may as well learn to play something from my Irish heritage. The biggest problem is finding this music, it's difficult to find it, even on YouTube! I've looked through MusicNotes (great place, by the way, if you've never looked there) but I can't find any Irish fiddling, and I, (he, he) have fallen in love with fiddling as well. There's something positively thrilling about playing a hundred miles an hour, granted, my fingers are slipping all the time, but still!
Oh, yes, and I've learned how to slur! I'm horrible at it, but I can do it! Loads more practice and I may finally get a video worth watching on YouTube. I'm kind of lazy with my YouTube channel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment