Monday, February 4, 2013

Slurring

So, after memorizing the Story of US, I thought I'd move up in the ranks of violinists who know more than one song. I decided to go with Narnia, a song very accurately called, Narnian Lullaby. Fairly easy to sight read, fairly easy to play, until this brilliant voice inside my head said, "Hey, the person on YouTube was slurring! I think I'll try it!"
I learned two very important things,
1. I am not that person on YouTube
2. I should learn how to slur properly before actually doing it
Lessons learned, I decided to just stick on working with vibrato.
I am also learning a good deal about writing, I have been having issues with my bad guy, Amaarzar (fear the name!!!) he is supposed to be the big bad guy behind all the schemes, but for some reason I can't make him seem terrifying. There's a snarky little voice inside my head telling me I'm doing it all wrong, maybe I don't WANT to make him seem terrifying at first, maybe at first he should look like a pacifist until the truth is revealed, he's the main bad guy. Isn't that how evil rolls? The first appearance is mortifying (Amaarzar is a wraith, thing ringwraiths, with an eviler twist, naturally, seeing him at first is SCARY!) but once he pacifies you, you don't see that anymore because he has you in a trap and you're comfortable until he springs the latch on that trap and you're stuck.
Hmm, something to think on.
Kind of like one of my old bad guys, the Relentless Shadow, I guess I've got to go back to the old if I want Amaarzar to stick out among bad guys.
Sigh.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment