Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Because I Felt Like It

Hey! Top of the morning, I can barely stay awake :)
Anyway, I wrote an awesome poem and I feel like sharing it. It's a satirical poem addressing something I'd like to change, guess what it is as you read it. No, I'm not trying to be mean, it's just my feelings spilling onto this page. Sadly I've felt like this for most of my childhood and teenage years.


Oh how I hate you

Let me count the words

One, two, three, forty-two

I despise you from head to toe

From your witty voice, that grinds like ice

To you perfect skinny legs, don’t you know?

How I hate the way you laugh like you can’t see

How much you’re really hurting me

Your voice is like an anvil

Pounding on my ears

Your smile is like vat of fish guts

It can cause the cracks of many mirrors

I hate how everyone adores you

Ignores me

I’m different, I know

I don’t care about the things you do

I don’t care about school, boys, or who

Sung that song or this one

My likes are different, alienating

I am like a creature from under the ground to you

A strange thing, that titters, writhes, and moans

Twists, gasps, chokes and groans

You can’t see past the weirdness to what is really there

You can’t see past the frizzy red hair

Your fakeness has caused me to vomit over the abhor

I can’t take it anymore!

 Yes it’s true

There isn’t anything alive that I hate more than you

If I am an alien far from space

That is fine with me, honest

As long as my planet is far away from beings of your race

 Here's to treating people, no matter how strange they may seem, like you would treat your best friend. I've been on the brunt end of the "You're strange, I'm going to avoid you because of it" for most of my life. I can't lie, it hurts like a punch to the gut to be there. I've spent so many nights bawling over how much it hurts, I should have drowned. :) I'm not professing that I'm perfect at treating people as I would my best friend, but I'm at least going to try. Really, all it takes is a true smile, a real question with your heart behind it, and voila! You great person, you just made some one's day! You just saved someone from an endless night of bitter tears!
PS, the poem is mine. I wrote it for an English assignment and liked it so much I decided to share it.
Again, I don't mean to be a jerk, I hate the shallowness that people treat me with, I'd like to change THAT.
:)
There, there's a smile from me to you. Hope it makes your day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment