Friday, February 15, 2013

Try

Sad story.
I spent the whole week practicing Minuet #1 wrong. Ouch. It's the first time I haven't passed off a song on my violin, but I suppose I couldn't get away with it now, my practiced wrong version sounded awful. But on the upside, I learned how to swoop and it's a lot of fun, (swooping is purposefully starting out on the wrong note below the one you mean to hit and then swinging your finger up to the right note, it sounds really cool!) and I managed to memorize an entire five page song in just three (maybe two) days. Now I need to work on perfecting it. :)
Oh, another sad story, I finally updated my iPod and my technological brother told me to back it up, but I figured I didn't have anything that I needed to back up. Mistake. I hadn't backed up my pictures, they're gone now. :( Fortunately, the ones I took on Christmas were safe, I would've been really sad to loose them.
I also learned today that doubt is a useless thing. It inhibits, it destroys, it stops great ideas from becoming real. What do we need with doubt? It's useless, and what do we normally with useless things? We trash them, forget doubt and get up and try.
The song in the video below is P!nk, Try, I found this cover last night and I've been addicted to it, I'd like to share it :)
Get up and try, what's stopping you besides you?
Remember, I'm not claiming rights to this video, it belongs to Nathan Hutson, (the violin player) here's his YouTube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/Violin4Real

No comments:

Post a Comment