Monday, September 16, 2013

Working

I'm sorry for not posting anything! I was sick all week (still not 100%, but no longer resting at 45%) anyway, this will be a short post because I just remembered I hadn't posted anything and I'm STARVING.
Anyway, so I did work on my cover all night last night. I took a four hour nap so it was the happy alternative to staring at a wall all night wishing I could sleep. Running on about 3 hours worth of rest, I think.
Here is my brand-spanking new cover versus the old one.
Old one first
There's nothing too bad about this cover, it just doesn't tell enough of a story. I worked hard on it, but I don't think I'd even look twice at it in the library. I liked it, but I needed something better. Something more secretive, if you get what I'm saying.
So lots of searching on Google Images and I came across an idea for a new cover. Here it is.
I blew it up large so you could see it. It's a scan so it's kind of cruddy in quality. I think this one's better. It tells more of the story. And no, the wraith is not dropping the key, he's holding it, I just didn't draw the strong because it took literally FOREVER to draw his hand, so I didn't want to draw the string, hate it and have to erase his hand.
Yes, the colors on the side are my palette, what colors I'll (roughly) use to fill it in. It's a little rough right now because I'm waiting for feedback from a few friends. I like this a lot better. Makes you curious right?
Oh and the T no longer looks like a C so I'm happy about that. :)

2 comments:

  1. Tayla, I LOVE your new cover!!! You have a real talent. I can't wait to see it once you have filled in the colors. The wraith is really great. Thanks for sharing.

    You know, I hadn't realized how much your name looked like Cayla on your last edition of the cover. I had to look back at it after you mentioned that. I had to laugh. Congrats on having your name spelled right, now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like the new cover as well.
      Unfortunately I really liked the old font, I still do, but it made it look like Cwisted and I don't think anyone would realize what that is!
      And it is a major improvement to be able to spell my name correctly ;)

      Delete