Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Ah What a Graceful Creature...NOT!

For those of you who remember my epic ninja move into my bookshelf won't be surprised to read this post. I have turned into the world's biggest klutz! Take today for instance. I was trying to take pictures for my photography class (something I'm failing at BTW) and as I was trying to get a good angle of the stupid key, I whacked the camera against the wooden playground I was balancing on, then as I tried to pull up, I smacked my head on it.
I wandered around for a good while, taking stupid pictures and getting my socks wet for nothing. When I came back in my mood was suffering. It got worse as I pulled the camera off and whacked my eye with it. For those of you who have never hit your eye socket (the bony hole around your eye) I'd suggest you try to avoid it. I'm going to have a black eye to add to all this loveliness tomorrow. (Prediction.)
On top of that, I tripped over the garden boxes, bruised up my shins while doing so, and I keep tripping over EVERYTHING. When I tried to be sneaky to turn on the Wi-Fi at five in the morning the stairs creaked and then the door to upstairs screamed and I couldn't find the stupid switch and GAH! I AM DRIVING MYSELF CRAZY!
I am about as graceful as a sick cat.
Is this a new phase that you go through when you turn 18? If so, I don't like it at all. I've never really cared about my klutziness before, but now, every move I make seems to be inches from some clumsy movement and I'm tired of it! I'm bruised and bleeding. I've NEVER been accident prone before in my life!
Yeah, I know, I'm whining. I apologize for that, but I feel so self-conscious especially when I look at others who never trip over their own feet and are effortlessly beautiful even if they take a little stumble over their effortlessly small feet. My teeth are grinding. I feel like a stubby dwarf next to a graceful elf.
On top of this (calmed voice) my odd symptoms have returned. You have noticed a lack of writing about them, that's because they went away for a bit and me in my gracefulness didn't even notice until they rose again. It was subtle at first. Slight stab of pain there, fluttering heart here, and then it came back full force and now I'm in pain with every clumsy move I make. More so, especially when I smack a heavy Canon PowerShot 10IS into my own face.
And I found a weird bump by my ear. I thought it was a pimple (you know those horrid volcanoes that teenage girls are prone to getting. I'd say ZIT but that's kind of embarrassing) until I looked in the mirror as saw that it wasn't. My bangs cover it so you would never see it. It's been there for months. Should I be worried?
I'm not sure if I should tell my parents. I mean SERIOUSLY, telling them in the first place didn't do anything. I got dragged to doctor after doctor who proclaimed me perfectly healthy as I was hunched over in pain. This just add to this graceful creature I have become.

4 comments:

  1. First of all, I just noticed your book cover. I love it! You did an awesome job with it. For all I know you've had it there forever, but I'm not overly observant.

    About the bump by your ear, I would suggest getting it looked at by a dermatologist--especially if it does not hurt. If it's sore then give it a week or two to see if it goes away, it could be something as simple as an in-grown hair. But if it doesn't hurt then you should go in right away. Odds are, it is absolutely nothing. But if the dermatologist thinks it's a problem, it's a lot easier to get it burnt off right when you notice it than waiting a long time. Half the time they burn off stuff like that as a just-in-case. Either way, it'll be an easy appointment for you. It only takes a second and you'll barely feel any pain at all.

    Last, I'm SO SORRY to hear that your heart symptoms are coming back. I keep hoping that one day your symptoms will listen to the doctors' opinions and just go away. I hope you get all your health stuff worked out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I barely put the cover up a few days ago, I had fun with reorganizing how my blog looked.
      Getting something burnt off my face sounds a little painful, reminds me of how I was telling a story to my younger sister. When one of the characters did something bad, another one exclaimed "You should be FRIED!"
      I realized how stupid that sounded as my sister burst out laughing. What a threat, to be fried like chicken.

      Delete
    2. Being fried certainly doesn't sound fun. :) But I swear to you that having a little spot burnt off really isn't bad at all--not nearly as bad as it sounds. After all the chest pain/heart problems you've been dealing with, it's going to be cake.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, probably better than frying my forehead with a straightener, another (not so approved, or suggested) method of removing those stubborn spots.

      Delete