Thursday, September 12, 2013

Gotcha, Nevermind, Don't Wantcha

I have fallen victim for a classic prank that your immune system likes to pull...yes, the common cold. I've been wheezing, coughing, croaking, and not sleeping since Tuesday. Not so marvelous, especially since a headache has kept me from writing (thankfully it's gone today, thus explaining this post) I'm better today (because it's morning) just a little tired and nauseous. This cold has steadily gotten worse everyday. It better not leave me bedridden. That is so boring.
It's cooled down here in Utah. We went from 100 degrees last week to 77 this week (this is Fahrenheit, and yes, I had to Google it to see how it was spelled) it's been really nice not to turn into a sweaty pile of goo every time I step outside. I HOPE the weather has finally figured it out that it is no longer August and thereby does not need to be so hot! I happen to like the winter months, I'm kind of addicted to wearing long-sleeved attire (I hate showing off my freckly arms) and look kind of weird in the summer. I can get away with longer sleeves now that it's raining. (Evil laugh.)
I have changed the idea for my cover. I'm no longer going to take a photo of it. I can't really control anything about the photo, I'm learning how to edit one, but I prefer to draw. My characters have distinct personalities that can only be shown off by pencil and until someone professionally decides to dress up as them and take pictures, well I'll stick to drawing them.
I'm a little terrified that I'll mess it up though, but one cannot live with fear. You cannot survive existing in a world where horror is your only companion.
Sorry, I just realized how many parentheses I use.
I know this really doesn't have anything to do with my regular posts, but I cantered a horse yesterday! Gypsy has a wonderful, slow canter, and I wasn't on a line. It was a freehand canter. Granted my balance was terrible and I nearly collided with another rider when Gypsy decided the wall was no longer good enough for her...but overall, it felt like flying. Amazing.
My suddenly horsy life happened because last year at about this time I watched one of Lindsey Stirling's (if you click on the link (I linked it) it will take you to the song I was probably listening to) and somehow I ended up on Amazon possessed by a sudden urge to play the violin. I don't remember opening a new tabs or typing anything in, I was suddenly looking at violins.
A year later, my violin playing has blessed my life more than I imagined last year when I asked my mom if I could take lessons. I still don't have the dents in my fingers though, despite nearly 365 hours worth of playing. Maybe after 3,000 hours (five years? Don't ask me, I suck at math!)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you've been sick! That's miserable. Get feeling better. Congratulations on cantering your horse, though. This will show how little I know about horses, but is it hard to go in a straight line while cantering? I take it from your post that it is. Why? (I'm not trying to make fun of you, I really want to know what's challenging about it because I didn't realize it was so different.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult for a novice (namely me =D) to keep a horse going in a straight line, especially since that was only my second attempt at cantering. I use my legs to steer, and since my balance is off while cantering, my legs are flopping and steering becomes difficult so I have to use the rein which Gypsy sometimes interprets as "Stop!" which I don't mean.
      It just takes practice. I used to not be able to keep her in a straight line while walking. I predict some time in the future I'll be able to go in a straight line and then I can attempt something more risky like...yes, I'll say it, circles! ;)

      Delete
  2. Well good for you. I can see how it'd be difficult to steer with your legs when it starts to get a little bouncy. You're going to be a rodeo queen soon, though. ;) Seriously, though, even if you don't do a rodeo it'd be fun to do the barrels once you get your steering down.

    ReplyDelete