Monday, August 5, 2013

Infestation!

My room has been infested with spiders. Gross, nasty, eight-legged, eight-eyed...ugh. I smashed four on Friday (two might have gotten away, but I haven't seen them since, so I'm assuming they're smashed) one I'm pretty sure was a hobo spider (saw that on FaceBook thought it said HOBBIT spider ;D) and it was on the wall by my bed!
I'm a little grossed out, more willing to keep my room clean and not pry into the dark corners until I know that the spiders are dead.
Yeah, that's about my weekend went. I also sneezed more times since Friday than I have this whole year. We're painting so there's loads of dust around and I cannot say that I enjoy sneezing five times everyday. It gets really annoying after a while.
Still enjoying editing. I've managed to foreshadow so much just by tossing in a few words. I feel so epicly cool. :)
Again, I don't have much to say. I'm kind of worried because school is going to start again and I'm not looking forward to it. I also looking for a job. I've freaked myself out about it, so I'm spending the week trying to decide what to do. I need a job, but I've heard a lot of horror stories from my older sister, mom, and dad and I don't want to deal with that. If you notice, I just wrote AND three times. I've gotten really critical about writing now that I've seen what a line edit looks like.
Yesterday I was skimming through a book and saw a lot of ellipses (nothing to do with the moon, they look like this...in case you were unaware. Yes, they are the dots...) and thought she didn't use those properly. When your characters get cut off in thought and word you use an EM dash--which is those two lines, when you press space behind the word, they should join together.
I wasn't using them correctly.
I've had a quite a bit of fun with em-dashes the last week.
I also spent the last three hours and some minutes on the same chapter. Editing is fun, but I've had more bloodshot eyes in the past few days than I have in a while!
My mouse is dying (computer mouse, not a live animal!) It takes several clicks to wake it up and remind it that I want to use it. My dad offered to let me have another one, but I saw that it was older than the one I do have and I was like um...(yes, proper use, ellipses show a trailing off of thought) It had the ball underneath to roll on, even my dying mouse is more advanced than that!
I think I'll just buy a new one...

2 comments:

  1. It's funny how the things you're working on start to stick out from other writing that you see. :) I can't imagine editing with a half-working mouse, though. That's got to be frustrating.

    And yuck about the spiders! I feel your pain. I've been trying to rid my house/yard of an infestation of earwigs. I don't think I've ever killed so many in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the editing thing has turned me away from a couple books now. Oops. :)

      Delete