Friday, August 9, 2013

Defeat! You hurt!

Again, not much to say.
I'm feeling a little defeated though. It came through FaceBook (honestly, by now you'd think I'd stop looking, but nooo--) Defeated and very ignored.
Like all my hard work is for nothing.
Sorry, I had a lot of fun reading through something I wrote from the Secret Keeper's POV. His narrative runs a bit like that.
It's supposed to sound choppy.
He doesn't think or register things the way we do.
Yeah. I'm not exactly a chipper camper right now.
This may sound a bit self-centered, but I'm looking at people in their success and feeling like I've failed. Like once they're done with the spotlight, I won't have any room. It's not a happy feeling. I've always felt like I'm ignored. I try to get my voice heard, but people never seem to hear it. I've even been tempted to put a name tag on my shirt that reads Hello! My Name Is: INVISIBLE.
I might get the point across.
Maybe.
My mom stopped my attempts. She says I shouldn't think about myself like that, but it's hard when I speak and no one hears a thing. I could scream, and they wouldn't notice me until I burst into flames right in front of them and all they'd do is "Wow. That's bright!"
Yes. I am looking forward to the start of school.
I've also mastered the art of sarcasm quite well.
*Sarcasm
But hey, on the flip side, my hair looks really good today. Shhh! Don't tell it. It will probably explode. :)

2 comments:

  1. Remember, your book hasn't been published yet. :) Don't give up on yourself. People will read it. Granted, as a first-time author you probably won't make the New York Times bestseller list. But you will have a platform! It's exciting, really. Then more people will read your next one and so on until you WILL have a shot at the bestseller list!

    And about school, you can do it! Keep reminding yourself that it's only one more year. I know, now you're sitting there saying, "Do you know how long a year can feel?" But keep reminding yourself that it will pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. >__< Got to keep my fingers crossed. That face can only take me so far.

      Delete