Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend Status: Failure

Yes, the title states it all. My weekend was a complete failure, I was positively too sick to do anything. I woke up feeling just dandy, then put it into my fool little mind that I felt great enough to exercise and went outside to run around.
Mistake.
I started wheezing after the first run, but I kept going figuring that every out of shape person gets like that (note: I'm not out of shape, I've just been too sick for the past two weeks to do much and you know how muscles get after two weeks, floppy) and I kept running until I just about collapsed. Any person with any knowledge of exercise would probably state that I pushed too hard while I'm sick.
Oops.
All Saturday I felt nasty, I swallowed some jelly bean sized pills that were supposedly made to help bad colds like mine, but all they did was make me loopy. I'm sure I said some really stupid things after I took them, but hey, at least my older sister surprised me by giving me an iTunes gift card on Friday, I've been yearning after another one after I had too much fun with the first!
I've had some bad colds before, but this one takes the cake! I've had myriad of symptoms ranging from headaches, to earaches, from chest pains to feeling absolutely positive that dinner (Subway, no!) was going to come back up.
And it didn't help that I had a bad writing day as well. The Secret Keeper's POV just about killed me, and no, he wouldn't care know that his chapter reduced me nearly to tears as I imagined all my possible readers picking it up and reading it and going, "what IS she going on about?"
I also had a sobbing session last night and discovered that yes, your eyes CAN get swollen if you cry too much. I felt like I had two cantaloupes instead of eyes, and they still hurt now.
I'm not going to go on about what made me freak out last night, but trust me, in my eyes, it was pretty bad. I'm all sobbed out now, too tired to want to cry, and I STILL feel gross. I'm beginning to think that I should let my body have its way and I won't exercise until I can run without wheezing or feeling like my lungs are going to collapse.
Ultimate question here: am I a runner or not a runner?
A. I'm not a professional runner, but I do enjoy a nice hard pounding run, I'm trying to build up my stamina so I can keep running, but thanks to this cold, I can't. :(
Anyway, I'm sorry for whining, but hey, my weekend was pretty nasty, except for yesterday, my little sister's birthday and I gave her a Twisted shirt. We both look pretty snazzy in our Twisted attire. I'll post pictures when I get around to plugging my iPod into the computer, but until then, as Barney the purple dinosaur once said, "just imagine."
I do have happy news though, on the 30th, next Friday, school is officially over. Finally, I can't wait for summer vacation.
Just for the sake of it. This picture has an odd meaning to me since it was on the day before all these weird health problems started creeping up. The Wasatch Mountains looked especially gorgeous on March 17th. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have such a bad cold. :( I hope you get feeling better soon. And congrats about getting so close to finishing school! That's exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am very close to FINALLY being done with school. I can hardly wait for summer and sleeping in. It will be an immense relief. =)

      Delete