Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Little SuperNova

I know, I'm late. I normally publish a post in the morning, but eh...I didn't feel that great this morning. I caught a cold (or, since it's spring, is it a warm not a cold?) and didn't feel like doing much today. So here it is at last. Voila! A post where I don't have much to say.
Really, I just don't feel good. People keep telling me it's stress, but I'm not stressed about anything except getting stressed about people telling me it's stress! I don't think it's stressed, I wasn't stressed about anything when this started 3 months ago.
I just stress about 5 times. Sorry.
I also realized I have this writing tick (completely off of the other topic) where I write lose as loose. Oops, completely different meanings and I caught a few in the version of Twisted that was sent to the editor! My face is red even thinking about it! Definitely something to look for later.
Anyway, my editor should be sending my book back by now. I've been haunting my email for two days waiting. I'm in desperation for my book back. I mean, not that I don't have anything write, but you know, a book back from the editor doesn't happen everyday, and I'm really anxious to hear what the editor says...yeah. I'm going crazy with anxiousness, every time I get an email, my hopes rise until I realize it's not from my editor....ugh.
Anyway back to my other subject. My violin teacher insists that my mysterious illness is nothing more than horseinjitis, commonly caused by an open exposure to horses. I have to agree. I even dreamt about my violin teacher's horse last night! (and then I dreamt about some of my characters warning me that I couldn't sleep in anymore and I was sleeping in on accident and whoops...) The only cure for the deadly horseinjitis is more exposure to horses, it's a curious disease, and there really is no cure, it may fade for a bit, but it will come back.
Oh and a funny moment? Today in my class (yes the one that I've been whining about before) the teacher told us to spit out the first thing that came to our minds when we saw the word apocalypse. People were zombies, and death, but the first thing out of my mouth was something completely deadly and disastrous, I said, "cheese!" for some reason the word apocalypse made me think of Subway, which lead to cheese, which was the first thing out of my mouth.
Nice right? Death by cheese, what a way to go.
Yeah and yesterday I spent and hour and a half working on a drawing I'd like to share with y'all, (see how lazy I'm feeling today? I don't want to type full words!) It's of the Secret Keeper and his horse the mighty Nova, please don't steal my art, I worked hard to draw this sucker!
And yes, I know it looks creepy. But the Secret Keeper is a wraith, so why would he want to look like a happy guy giving out cookies? He'd take one good look at that image and probably throw up!
I might change the background of my blog to be this...hmm. Maybe, but it might be creepy for some people, so maybe I'll just leave it the way it is.
Want to know more about the Secret Keeper? I can blather on for hours about him, just ask my poor dad, I did to him. Leave a comment, I'll post something else about him if you do :)
And look when the books come out you can tell your friends, "Ha! I knew about the Secret Keeper before you did!"
Like it's something to brag about, but you know. Bragging is bragging and if you say anything in a really snotty voice it tends to sound like bragging. So go brag about the door you just closed the other day, definitely something worth mentioning ;)
See, I'm so not in my proper frame of mind right now...pardon me while I go to bed and try to find the rest of my brain, wherever it is.

3 comments:

  1. I love it...really good! Tayla. You've captured the movement brilliantly. You're a very good artist, with a great imagination. I love horses and you capture them well.Keep drawing and painting. Practice makes perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Nova (that's the horse above) is probably my favorite horse to draw because he's so complex. I love his feathers and size!

      Delete
  2. Okay, you piqued my curiosity. What can you tell me about the Secret Keeper without ruining anything for me in your book?

    ReplyDelete