Monday, May 13, 2013

News Over the Weekend, the Murder of One Really Dead Lawn Mower

Sorry for my lack of a post on Friday. I got lazy :)
Anyway, on Saturday I finished my NANOWRIMO book again (for those of you who don't know NANOWRIMO is National Writing Month, IE, November, a little confusing, I know) it only took me 3 weeks to write nearly 365 pages! I was pretty amazed, and relieved, now it's back to writing Entangled, the 2nd book in the Twisted series, and I'm only on chapter 2 and I've already managed to frustrate myself. My last week of being a ghoul has come back to haunt me, my wraiths are so insulted to be told what to do by a ghoul, that they're refusing to do anything at all. Thanks guys.
And on Saturday, I mowed the lawn. Normal Saturday feat not really worth mentioning right? Well, if you don't have my family's lawn mower. The thing was made in the 80s, (I think, it certainly would surprise me to learn that it was) it's incredibly hard to push and only mows the grass that's already been mowed. I had to fight to get that sucker to move through the backyard and when it came to the front yard, the poor little mower just about died.
It was a fight, I stepped into the front yard, it mowed for a second and then died. I was like, "sure whatever." because at this current point I was remaining in a calm frame of mind. I started mowing it backwards, literally. I was walking backwards pulling the lawnmower with me. I must've looked pretty ridiculous, but it was the only way the sucker was going to mow. When I tried going forwards, it died every single time. By the time I got to the last patch of grass, I was panting, sweating, cursing the day the dumb thing had been made as it died time and time again and I had to restart it again and again and again. I was ready to kill it. I'm still ready to go out and ring its little neck!
I kept thinking that the news flash for Monday would be, "lawnmower found dead in a pool if its own gas. Innocent-looking red haired girl at large for felony on lawnmower." Or something like that.
Sadly, I didn't get around to it. The lawnmower still lives, but I am more than happy to insist that the Mythbusters do a myth on lawnmowers and I would be REALLY happy to give them a lawnmower to test it on. I've got a great one that will NOT be missed if it blew up.
It was a fight to mow the stupid grass, and even though the grass was mowed, it was the lawnmower that won the fight as I crawled away gasping, red-faced and sweating.

Added a couple hours later.
I updated my FaceBook picture because I really didn't like the other one. Here's my new one in case you want to find me,
It was taken at Goblin Valley last year and for the record, I've grown up a bit since then so I don't really look like this anymore, but hey, it's better than my other picture! I know, I look a little flushed, but it was sooo HOT you could basically BREATHE it. I also clomped my head on a rock (distance, heat...sandstone not as soft as it looks...yeah) Oh, my hair looks so pretty too...bleck. I'm going through this phase where my long hair makes me want to cry. I think I look so ugly with it, but hey, what can you say about being a girl? Some days we got it, some days we don't.
Today is one of the 'don't got it' days for me.
I hope you're having a better one, this kind of sucks. :(

2 comments:

  1. Way to go with your valiant fight with the lawn mower! Too bad the thing didn't officially die so you could finally get a new one. By the way, I like your picture. I've heard Goblin Valley is a blast--I haven't made it there yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS awesome, but the only problem was that it was so hot! I could barely breathe it was so stinking hot. Don't go in May, try October it might be cooler then, otherwise you'll get out of your car go, "Whoa!" and get back in to enjoy the air conditioning!

      Delete