Friday, May 3, 2013

That Distant Future

I'm pretty sure that by the end of this month, I will be a gasping zombie. School is killing me! I'm trying to make time for horses (total horse nerd here, if I'm not thinking about my book, I'm thinking about horses) but it's becoming really difficult, especially since I have to fit medical stuff in there too.  Gracious, how much to I have to pay the doctors for them to find out what's wrong with me?
Anyway, I'm in a pretty good mood, all things considered. I slept in late today, pushing right up to the time where I have to go to school because I was too tired to crawl out of bed a 5:00 AM today, I was blinking so much, I wouldn't have been able to see what I was writing! And I just wasn't in the mood to exercise like I normally do, being hooked up to a Holter monitor can do that to you. :(
But at least it's the last month of school. I'm glad I'm not in elementary anymore, they push you right through June and then you get two weeks in July off. That's hardly what I'd call summer vacation. High school, though so incredibly painful, at least has a reasonable summer break before you have to go back and do it again, but I'm finally going to be one of the top dogs, yeah, that's right, Tayla Durham is not fresh meat...I mean a freshman anymore. She's a senior, the big 1-2 grade. Yes sirs and ma'ams, I have senioritis, I want to be done, but there's still another 9 months (not counting the last month of 11th grade, it's gone already) and then I'm a college woman. Wooo!
Provided I can ever figure out what I want to go into.
Yep, now I better get started on school, but let me just say, I'm looking forward to getting my book back from the editor. It's probably going to be really painful to look at, but at least I did it! I got a book to that point! I'm also starting to realize that within the next 2 months, if I work REALLY hard, it's possible that I could have a published copy of my book on my bookshelf. The prospect made me do a happy dance in bed last night. I'm self-publishing so it's possible, I just need a way to spread the word about an amazing book by a teen author! ;)
Oh and an update on my violin. I think I'm doing pretty good. I'm not so crazy about scales, but I'm trying to change my attitude about them, they're meant to help, not torture me, though right now I think that I could use these scales as torture, "now play it really slowly! Mwhahaha!" they're very effective. But, at least I can vibrato my way through them.
Stay calm, vibrato on.
No sure what vibrato is? It's that movement you see from a person who plays a stringed instrument (not the piano though) when they look like their shaking their wrists over the strings. It gets this nice sound of the vibrating string and sounds a lot cooler than just a normal bowing. Oops, sorry guys, I'm getting all technical :) seems like I speak five different languages at different times. I can speak English, when I'm talking about my books I speak Novel, when I'm talking about my violin, I speak Music, when I'm talking about horses, I speak Equine, when it's five in the morning and I haven't gotten much sleep, I speak Troll.
Thanks Yvonne7Lee for following my blog, it makes me happy to see that I'm being followed (online! not by stalkers!) and I love getting comments. I myself promised months ago that I'm going to respond to every comment I ever get. I hate commenting and getting no response, so from me, as long as your comment isn't offensive or crass, I'll respond to it, just so you know that I'm actually bothering to read your comments, and it makes me happy to get responses, so hopefully I'll make you happy by responding.
Oops, there I go, blabbing again,
This is the Pianoguys cover of Titanium by David Guetta. Watch the cellist, Steven Sharp Nelson's hands, he's doing vibrato, that's why his hand on the strings is shaking. And how did they get the piano up there? To be honest, I really don't know, but hey, it looks cool and I love this song, they did such an amazing job.
Here's their YouTube page in case you want more they usually post a new video monthly so there you go, more awesome music ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePianoGuys?feature=

3 comments:

  1. I don't like scales much either...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm not the only one! We should abolish scales!

      Delete
  2. I watched an interview with Jon Schmidt. They flew the piano up there with a helicopter. :) I love their YouTube videos, and I've been able to see them in concert a couple times. They are amazing.

    By the way, I used to play the piano and I rarely practiced the scales because I hated them so much. Of course, I generally was horrible about practicing and that is why I never got to be very good. :)

    ReplyDelete