Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Lucky Break

So the recital date has been moved to the 19th with a group lesson (my first ever) on the 18th.
I'm relieved, more time to practice, and slightly annoyed, more time to fret! But I've learned how to switch strings without that squeaky guitar sounding switch, (don't get me wrong, it sounds great on a guitar, not on a violin) so my play sounds better. I've also learned how to hold out a note without it sound all gaspy.
My E string is still out of whack, it sounds horrible, but I'm playing it anyway, I want to learn how to play "He's a Pirate" from Pirates of the Carribean and I need my E string to do so. So tough out squeaky E.
That's about all I have to say, except for the 30 day challenge, I'm running out of steam, it's only chapter 12 and I got bored enough that I switched back to the Best Thing (the story involving cancer) so I wouldn't have to write it anymore. I know, wimpy, but one of the main characters, I don't LIKE having her as a main, she's usually a side and it's better that way because she's a wraith and kind of unsympathetic, (I mean as a character) and so I'm having issues with her.
Long sigh.
I think that I should just FINISH the Best Thing so I can stop THINKING about it all the time. I left it smack in the middle of the book because I thought Twisted needed immediate attention. Oops. Big mistake. Since I didn't bother to finish it, I've started working with it, and it's really began to distract me from Twisted and doing all this italics is starting to drive me just as NUTS!
So, I guess (at least for now in this moment of frustration) I'm stopping my 30 day challenge to finish the Best Thing this may or may not change, but I DON'T like leaving a book unfinished, it comes with being an author, if I leave it unfinished, I start to tinker with it, and once I start tinkering with it, I can't get it out of my brain! The Best Thing was supposed to be a break from Twisted (actually it's a modernized version of a prequle in Twisted) not something to yank me FROM Twisted. So I'm going to finish it and put it DEEP into my computer so I can't stare at it anymore.
Sorry if the captalizing is driving you CRAZY, I don't feel like doing italics. :) Just one of those days you know?
Anyway, that's how my day is going, (I'm also not doing math because of this blog, can't help it, math makes me feel like the dumbest person alive) I'm frustrated because my brain won't shut up about my stories, I want to write a certain one, but that other one won't leave my head. So I'm going to do the really risky thing of restarting the Best Thing (it's always advised not to do this, but authors are all about breaking rules right?) writing all the way through and somehow or another keeping it under 350 pages, and then finishing it. 350 pages is easy for me at 1 1/2 chapters every day, that'll only take me 3ish weeks to finish. (Which by the way is also a NaNoWriMo book, of 50,000 words, which I finished in 11 days, and yes I'm bragging:))
So yeah. There goes from here. 30 day challenge has switched to a different book, or at least discontinued until I can get my act together and write it, I'll just start up on the 5 of whatever month (Febraury) and write from there.
Also for you Lord of the Rings fans, I found the most AWESOME ringwraith movie ever. It cheered me up so much I'm still laughing 3 days later, I'm kind of a wraith nerd since my books deal with a lot of wraiths, and ringwraiths are the only things I've found that at least kind of resemble mine (actually ringwraiths inspired mine)
So here's a link to that movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6uEGtGg3Jk and don't worry! It's safe! No swearing, no gore! Just wraiths and their odd sense of humor. ("I hope you drown in a magical river of....horses!")
And I'm celebrating my 4th blog post! Yay. Cake for everyone! (Just kidding, I can't shove it through the computer screen to you. Kind of messy, have you ever tried cleaning cake out of your keyboard? About as easy as cleaning exploded brains. (I.E. Spilling Ink a very nice book on how to write))
And now I'm rambling and have started 2 sentences with and, but I don't feel like being gramically correct, (Huked on Fonics, didn't wurk fo me) I will try on my next posts, but this is kind of like a journal, and I'm NEVER gramically correct in my journal. I have to be everywhere else, especially in my books.
So I will try to find a solution for my odd writing problem. I'm actually thinking a nice break would be great. I have been writing non-stop since the beginning of the year and I may have hardwired my brain. So to prevent myself from spontaniously bursting into flame, I suppose a nice break is in store. One of my only since the start of 2012 (actually I can only remember one whole week where I took it off from writing an official book, otherwise it was just 1 or 2 days, then I got bored)
Yeah now I'm REALLY rambling.
I'm shutting up now. :)
Twisted Violinist out.
The vid below is my recent one, which is dedicated to Regine Stokke, the link to the Amazon page listing her book is on YouTube. Check it out, she's amazing! http://www.amazon.com/Regines-Book-Girls-Words-Stories/dp/193697620X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354552782&sr=1-1&keywords=a+girl%27s+last+words (or you could just click that)
So really, Twisted Violinst out!
(And hardwired, every time I close my eyes I see keyboards and black and white words flashing across a computer screen. ASDFGHJKL: :p zoning out....cake!)

No comments:

Post a Comment