Wednesday, December 12, 2012

End of the world...NOT

12/12/12
I.E. the for said end of the world. Or not, turns out some bloke miscalculated and it's going to end on the 21. What's up with that? I don't know why they moved the date, much more convenient? I'm not overly worried, I mean the fact that they can't decide what day it's actually going to end proves that it is NOT going to end. Forget zombies crawling out of the grave (wraiths are so much cooler anyway!) forget a gigantic piece of outer space waste hitting us.
It isn't going to happen.
Though if it were, I think that today would be cooler, I mean seriously! 12/12/12 looks a LOT more awesome than 12/21/12, that date kind of hurts your eyes because it's so messed around.
Anyway, I've discovered the art of playing the violin with emotion. I'm not perfect, and after I've been playing for a while, I get this grouchy robotic way of moving and I play WAY too fast! But I've been trying to do what Lindsey Stirling does, she looks so incredibly happy while playing, so I've tried smiling while I play, even the painful songs, like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, which I have been playing since the beginning of October. It makes them less painful, even enjoyable.
Here's how, I just think about thinks I associate the song with and go from there. One way is by using the words that I think to keep the rhythm, like pineapple. I HATED that tune until I started thinking about pineapple, I used to hate pineapple until I tried it fresh and voila, I'd eat an entire pineapple by myself if I could. I started thinking about my favorite memory with pineapples, when I went camping with my grandparents earlier this year, it makes me happy and kind sad, so I play it like that.
And as far as my books go, whoa. Even though I've written Twisted 3 times already (drafting :p) things that have taken place in this draft have taken me off guard, like Allie getting held for ransom and King Wallace (aka King Walrus) actually trying to use a dangerous character's power for himself.
Seriously didn't see THAT coming.
Anyway, so check out the video below, one of my favorites of Lindsey Stirling's (not so fond of her new vid, her clothes are kind of awkward, but the playing is excellent! And I liked the pink wig)
Just watch her face, she looks so happy while playing. That's what I'm trying to do. It's actually really hard!
While you're at it, go check out her YouTube channel, she totally rocks! My inspiration to play the violin is her happy playing. I hope I get as good as she is someday (in like 20 years maybe)
Unless the link doesn't work, it should get you to her YouTube page
 

No comments:

Post a Comment