Monday, December 3, 2012

30 Day Challenge

Guess what, it's December 3rd
Now this is normally happy news because there's only 22 days left until Christmas, but on the twist side, bad news because it means there's only 28 days left until the end of the year.
Why is this so important? Well, in November (can't say when) I discovered some startling news, Twisted (the book series, not just the book) has 4 books instead of my previously thought 3.
I discovered this while thinking way too hard about a couple of characters whose endings just didn't seem right. Of course there are no rainbows (my books never have rainbows in the endings, or glitter, yuck, talking about a fritzy ending!) but the ending seemed a little too harsh, and didn't leave any room for redemption (as startled as I was to think this)
So anyway, just to continue along with what I wanted to do, write a book series in a year, I did, partly, but that was only because I didn't realize that there was a 4th book. So, in essence I'm a little behind, so I'm giving myself a 30 day challenge to finish it. I'm on chapter 9 now, (and I just turned a very sick dragon named Tenor into a human, just to peak your interest) and am sincerely hoping to finish this thing up before the end of 2012.
9 chapters down possibly 31 left to go. Oh boy, this rush should be pretty interesting.
So that's all the news with my book (I guess BOOKS since there's more than one of them) now to my violin (Squishy!) I have a new video coming, it's dedicated to Regine Stokke, who inspired me to start this blog. I read the book they made of her blog after she passed away on December 3rd 2009, I think more people should read her story http://www.amazon.com/Regines-Book-Girls-Words-Stories/dp/193697620X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354552782&sr=1-1&keywords=a+girl%27s+last+words that should get you to the page on Amazon, what you do from there is up to you.
I haven't done much with my violin, beyond practice it, my E string keeps going a little flat, which is extremely annoying because it sounds horrible and now I'm playing all my songs in G, D, and A major just to avoid playing them in E, but my fingers haven't bruised which is nice, but my pointer left finger still feels REALLY weird because of the callous (that word is NOT spelled right, just as a prediction) that's forming there.
And just so we get clear, I'm still not overly cool with playing in front of a lot of people, but I managed to do it in front of a camera (in the first take!) so hopefully that'll help with my twisting in the stomach nerves.
10 days until the recital, yikes! But at least I know what I'm playing (If You Could Hie to Kolob, from the LDS hymn book) and I've practiced it enough that I could probably 'air violin' it if I really wanted to.
Hopefully I'll get more experience of playing in front of a lot of people before the recital so I don't end up doing something like this, "Um...this is my song. What's it called? Um, see if you recognize it! Um...I guess I'll play now. But hold on, I uhhh...I think I should go backstage now." i.e. totally embarrassing!
That's all for this current moment in time, and I'm celebrating my first official 3rd post! Yay me! (I think, I may have gotten up to three posts on a different blog, but no more than that, this one looks more promising!)
That's all. :)
Twisted Violinist out!

No comments:

Post a Comment