Friday, December 7, 2012

Back to Editing

I'm back to editing Twisted. It's taken a strange turn for the weird. Centaurs in the Dreamway Mountains. Never saw that one coming, but they certainly add to the element of magic, and I had to realize that even though a wraith puts claim on the Dreamway Mountains, they're not going to be completely devoid of life.
Why is this important? Oh no reason. I'm just saying, it's really weird, but has helped me move the book along a bit more, (and it will help in future books) I also decided that the dragoness, Tenor is powerful enough that she can assume a human avatar whenever she wants, but hates doing so because she thinks that humans are stupid. (sorry it's just the way it is) the reason I changed my mind is because I was reading the 4th book in Fablehaven (great series by the way!) and I read the part when Nafia comes to our group of heroes as Nyssa. I wanted more interactions with the human Nafia, but was disappointed when the interactions only lasted for 3 pages, (give or take) so I decided to slap a little of that into my book.
Ooh, I also discovered that I can play the He's a Pirate really well (the first 2 pages) that is ignoring all the rests and stuff, but I'll put them in. I also managed to sound out a song in my violin book (algretto!), and I was pretty happy while playing yesterday even though on Wednesday, I was so miffed at everything, I wanted to scream. It was a very rocky lesson that caused this, first I forgot my books, (stupid mistake! Ugh! I had them RIGHT there but totally spaced because I was in a hurry) and then I couldn't play a song right, long story short, by the time I put my violin away on Wednesday, I wanted to cry and quit. I was also pretty angry at me. I couldn't seem to SHUT UP! I said some REALLY stupid brainless things to a girl I wanted to become friends with, (nothing mean, just brainless, which is almost worse) and I'm dreading going back to that class and having to face her. The tears and urge to quit were running high on Wednesday!
Thankfully I did neither, mascara tears are never pretty and neither are the headaches that frustrated sobs bring! Thursday was much better and my hour of practice flew by on graceful wings.
That's all I have to write now, celebrating my 5th blog post. Amazing right? I actually made it to 5 posts!
Anyway, so here's a quick glossary of what I'm talking about
The Dreamway Mountains: the mountains in the middle of the Four Kingdoms where my partial antagonist exists
The Four Kingdoms: The home of my characters
Tenor: A Silverwing dragoness
Nafia: Brandon Mull's dragon Fablehaven
Nyssa: Nafia's human's form
Algretto: 6th (ish) song in the Suzuki book 1
Oh, and I'm taking suggestions for characters (any character from any book or movie) to dress up as and play their...theme song? for on the violin. I need something because I'm getting bored with normal music covers, so suggest away!

No comments:

Post a Comment