Monday, January 28, 2013

Unstuck, but going backwards

So thanks to help from Steph, I am no longer stuck!
My biggest problem is that I went way too far forward without building a stable foundation first. In other words, I was climbing a tree without roots. Not only is this kind of dangerous (in a mental sense, for me and people around me!) it results in falling down. Ouch. You can only go so far before tipping the tree, I tipped it, I got stuck. So now I'm going back and starting again, this time, I'm actually going to build myself a nice little foundation, and voila! I can get higher up.
See, this is the problem with writing books that are REALLY long. My books have a habit of being REALLY long, so it takes a good deal of foundation laying, thinking, and yanking hair, to be able to keep the sequence of events going and attaching it to the plot of the first book is just joined in the fun. Fortunately, I'm on the 6th draft and I pretty well know what happens, but that doesn't stop me from trying to yank out my hair.
Oh, I'm also going to be publishing a book (kind of) calling Wizard Wanderings. It's about a wizard who gets sick of being the king's wizard and skips town and just about gets eaten by a dragon. Lots of excitement. ;)
As far as my violin goes, well, I'm learning how to vibrato, it is really difficult! Next time you watch a professional violinist or cellist, try to appreciate how much work goes into making that song sound so good! It's hard! It's taken me nearly two months just to get to the point where I'm doing finger vibrato with my wrist and it's a real brain strain to keep my left hand going and not shake my right hand as well, ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment