Monday, January 21, 2013

Still stuck in January

Well, I'm glad last week is over. It was pretty tough. But good news, I started fiddling! Mary Had a Little Lamb never sounded so sweet, or squeaky. Also, (and amazingly) one of my school essays is going to turn into a published story! (Maybe) my Wizard Wanderings won me an +A and a nice look at a continuing story for Amazon kindles. That's my good news, the BAD news is that it's very possible that no one will buy it, but at least I haven't gone to as much work with Wizard Wanderings as I did with Twisted, again, it was an essay after all, but still it would kill me to not have anyone look at it. Major ouch.
That's the unpredictability of being a debut author in a world of fierce competition, especially a TEEN author. I'm scared, what if no one gives my book a second look? So far everyone has liked it and has been sucked in from the get go, but that's no guarantee. Fortunately it's easier to get published in the 21st century than it was before, but having a published book means nothing if no one is reading it.
I dub this worry and sadness, "Stuck in January Disease" I wasn't sorry worried or upset until January rolled it's ugly head. I will be glad to get rid of it, and the smog (both physical, I haven't seen my mountains in days, and emotional) it brought along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment