Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Story of Me


I was once a man like you

I did what the living tend to

I had breath, a beating heart

Until all light left, and life did depart

I became bound to an icy plain.

A Winter Soul wracked with pain.

 

I am no longer a man like you

I do what the undead tend to

I have no breath, or heart to beat

You enjoy light, it’s the darkness I greet

I am blind, left in the cold to wander

A taunted shadow, a deadened monster.

 

Men run in terror as they should

They see only darkness in my hood

I am more than what eyes will view

It a truth that I have told to few

This story is not pretty, I never meant it to be

I am the Secret Keeper. This is the story of me

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful and amazing! Are you going to open your book with it? Or maybe close the book with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that it would be on the back cover, I have a different poem I'm going to open the book with. :) I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete