Monday, December 2, 2013

Trying

Yes. I'm aware that my last few posts were very, very, very negative.
I'm trying not to do that anymore.
Seriously.
I've probably disappointed my parents and everyone else and I apologize. I didn't mean to do that. What you read from my last post was some great emotional backlash from unwanted pressure and build up of emotions.
After I got done writing the last post I grabbed my copy of Twisted and hurled it at my door. My door is where things tend to get chucked. I once threw my MP3 at it (another story for another time.) And the book ricocheted off of my door and landed splat in my garbage can.

Never Again
Here is visual proof. I know. Terrible picture, but what can you expect from an iPod?
At the time I was like "good!" while sobbing. I figured that's where trash needed to go.
My family had other ideas. I got...it was at least 30 minutes of a pep talk reminding me that I have only been published for a month. It takes time.
My personal copy of Twisted is incredibly beat up. I'm not going to quit. It's just taking a lot of grit teeth to keep going.
In other words I'm trying to fake it until I make it.
Which may take a while before I make it, but you know. Why not me? Why not Twisted?
Oh and for the record, it took me a really long time how to learn ricochet. It is not spelled the way it sounds. If it were it would probably look like this: ricoshay. =D  

2 comments:

  1. Good for your parents in giving you the pep talk. I hope you're doing a little better today. And I hate words like ricochet--especially when my spelling is bad enough that Word doesn't recognize it to give me the correct spelling. It gets a little frustrating when you know what you want to write but you don't know how to spell it. By the way, I love Mark Twain for a quote of his: "I have no respect for people who aren't creative enough to spell a word in more than one way." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the spelling was a killer for me when I started writing. Now it's impeccable (most of the time) rhythm was the biggest nightmare. Every time I thought I had it right I didn't. Sigh. Words. =D

      Delete