Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Hurting

Hurting Me

You say that what you do
What you say
How you act
Day by day
Is the best for me

According to you
We dream the same dreams
Live the same way
But what I say
What I do
Is so different from you

You're hurting me
Everything I dream
Everything I want to be
I am less like you than I seem.
I am squandered
Pushed aside.

Deemed as not
For someone who wants
What I have barely got

Your actions
Your words
Even the air you breathe
Profits only you
Reactions
Your lies are herds
Oh heathen! You blind fool.

If you could only see
How much you are hurting me

Yes it is true
I have very little trust in you
Every word that falls from your mouth
Is a stinging nettle in my ear
Why can't you see?
Your greed is killing me

I breathe.
I am
But my spirit is not
Because you have
What I have barely got

Thief
Your honor is not

Your eyes are wide open
Yet you cannot see
How badly you have hurt me

I have fallen
And what do you do?
You take what profits you
It is not best for me
Because I can see
Oh that I were blind
And could not!

Hurt

2 comments:

  1. I am torn between wanting to cry for you and being astounded at your eloquence. Maybe I'll do both. I don't know what horrible thing spurred this poem on, but it is eerily beautiful. Are you okay? Can I help you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm relatively okay. Surviving, you know? I'm hoping for some kind of light at the end of this really long tunnel. :)

      Delete