Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Here Again

Thank you to all who read my first chapter preview! I was surprised at how many views it got. It made me happy. :)
Today I don't think that I can count as much more than a zombie. I am so tired. The time change has been brutal. We went an hour back and usually that means an extra hour of sleep, but to me it's hardly worth it because at about six every day I start losing the will to move. Yep. I call it zombie mode. Why not wraith mode? Well, because wraiths have the ability to think, the garden variety of zombies do not.
I also was really brave and snipped my bangs off. They used to be longer than my face. Now I have Taylor Swift style bangs. I didn't even realize I did until I looked at myself and thought that my hairstyle looked familiar. I was even wearing a Taylor Swift shirt. Jeez. I am observant, but only when I want to be.
But hey, I have a victory claim. I have almost 30,000 words for NaNoWriMo. Do they count? Well, I say so, but others may say no. I've started three books since the beginning of this month. I went back to the original one, the third book of Twisted, I get to about chapter four or five and start dragging. I'm determined to get past that now.
I know what you're saying why aren't you writing the second book? If you're not thinking that then I really DON'T know what you're saying. Anyway, why not? I've already written it twice this year. Three times is a bit extreme. I don't plan on having it out until next year. I'm still trying to figure out how to weave the plot. Don't worry, I know what happens. It's just how it happens is what's slowing me down.
What is also slowing me down is that my computer is dying. The PCU (is that what that big honking "brain" of the computer is called?) the screen is fine. It's actually supposed to be a Windows 2007,but the important part is currently fading. It started with an odd buzzing from the fans, or just the device all together, and then the programs started going nuts. My computer is no longer capable of numbering things correctly. I thinks that 1 should come after 43, which is obviously WRONG.
I'm terrified that I'm going to turn it on and instead of coming on it's going to blow up instead. According to my parents we've had the computer for as long as we've lived in our house. That's about 13 years. It's refurbished, and according to a cute little sticker was once a Windows Millennia and we all know how vastly popular that was. It's currently running Windows 98, and in computer terms, it's a great, great, great grandparent to Windows 8.
Over all? I'm worried that it's going to die. I don't want the latest and greatest (though something that could run YouTube would be great ;D) I'm borrowing my dad's old laptop to write this and it's on my desk and I am not tall enough (no, before you ask I'm not tall! I'm a shortie) to reach it in without sitting on a pillow.
In other words my arms are aching.
So there goes my current moment. I'm a zombie, my arms hurt, but hey my book is selling better than I thought it would. I've nearly made $100 in a week. So thank you all to bought my book.
Here's where you can buy a copy
http://www.amazon.com/Twisted-Volume-1-Tayla-Durham/dp/1493540467/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1381855475&sr=1-1
Here's my Facebook page for my book,
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Twisted/168658493335482

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited that your book is selling! That's great news. That's also fun that you cut your bangs. It's fun to play with your hair. I know I change my hair style every few years. Right now my hair is short and spiky--sticking up all over, but I'm sure I'll change again in a couple more years.

    Sorry to hear about your aging computer. :( I hope you're able to get a new one soon. By the way, I hope you've backed up all your books on a flash drive--you wouldn't want to loose them if your computer does crash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just backed it up already. I'm not taking a chance. The surprising thing was that I had over 5,000 documents stored on my computer. I thought it would have been like way more. ;)

      Delete